Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by puleglot View Post
    No, an alphabetical order would be "Linux, Windows 10 or Windows 7"
    Yes, when using the naive character based sorting. When using a true bibliographic sorting Windows 10 would come after Windows 7.
    .... Because (some) humans are smarter than computers.

But who really cares. Just give us some Vega goodness on Linux Personally, I will probably have to wait for the Vega Nano to appear, because Mini-ITX and small computing is my thing
    Last edited by Veto; 12 August 2017, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RobinIT View Post
      Minimum PSU requirement 750W?
      That sounds, a bit conservative. Are they assuming you are running this with an i9?
      They have to assume you're using a crap power supply.
      https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/6svy1a/tdp_vs_tdp/dlgbqtd/

Comment

Nice of them to send you some samples, I especially like the extra chip, it's a nice touch, and allows to "recycle" the waste from the production line. Thanks to it, we'll probably get plenty of microscope pictures of it (and my heart won't break every time I look at them).

I can't wait until Monday. At least, I think I got from your messages that there is launch day "support" for the GPU

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          Pretty much all the interesting OpenGL/Vulkan games available via PTS.
          it would be nice to see different rendering quality settings per one resolution. and 1440p among tested resolutions

Comment

Originally posted by Shevchen View Post
            Yay! \o/

For the upcoming stuff...
            Please include:
            - Does the reference design features a dual-BIOS and can you flash it (in theory)?
            [..]
            Nice pictures btw
            Based on a Vid from a German Hardware (PCGH) side, on the top near the blend is a small bios switch for performance and silence mode. See go to ~3m14s http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Vega-C...etail-1235670/

Comment

Originally posted by Alliancemd View Post
              It's "Linux, Windows 7 or Windows 10" in that order, because it is alphabetically ordered.
              no, it is not. 1 comes before 7 in alphabetical order.

Comment

Originally posted by Veto View Post
                When using a true bibliographic sorting Windows 10 would come after Windows 7
                is this a bibliography?
                anyway, original claim mentioned alphabet only

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
                  is this a bibliography?
                  anyway, original claim mentioned alphabet only
                  If you're going to go full tryhard regarding this and feel like playing with words some more we might as well consider how numbers are techndcally not even part of the alphabet anyway...

Comment

Michael, fantastic you got the review samples! Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by puleglot View Post
                      No, an alphabetical order would be "Linux, Windows 10 or Windows 7"
                      When sorting in alphabetic order and you have more then one windows releases it does make sense to sort them in chronological order.
                      Also 7 is smaller then 10 it makes sense to sort it that way.
                      10 before 7 would look strange to most people.

Comment

Working...
                      X