• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Soul_keeper View Post
    4.12.0-rc5

Last I heard the PRO driver still only work on kernel 4.9

Comment

I have emailed agd5f and twriter about the microcode images.
      Test signature

Comment

vega10 firmware is available here:
        https://people.freedesktop.org/~agd5..._ucode/vega10/
        Best kernel branch for vega10 support:

Last edited by agd5f; 01 July 2017, 02:54 AM.

Comment

What's the best way to start bensching the Vega FE under Linux? Ubuntu 16.04 with AMDGPU-PRO 17.20?

Michael
          If you really need access to a Vega FE, maybe we can arrange something next week. Would you just send me a PN what exactly you need?

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshi View Post
            What's the best way to start bensching the Vega FE under Linux? Ubuntu 16.04 with AMDGPU-PRO 17.20?

Michael
            If you really need access to a Vega FE, maybe we can arrange something next week. Would you just send me a PN what exactly you need?
            AMDGPU-PRO 17.20 would be best bet for now so you can have display support, firmware present, and all the other pieces of the puzzle.

Basically if can get SSH access for a couple hours it would be amazing.
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Ubuntu 16.04 would be fine? I just have to set up a running linux system on another SSD, so right now you could choose what fits you best.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshi View Post
                Ubuntu 16.04 would be fine? I just have to set up a running linux system on another SSD, so right now you could choose what fits you best.
                Ubuntu 16.04.2 is great for AMDGPU-PRO.
                Michael Larabel
                https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Looks like the gaming performance will be crippled until RX Vega.

Comment

Ok, I extracted the blobs out of the pro drivers, and they seemed to work.
                    The next problem was the kernel requiring a bump to the version in smu9_driver_if.h
                    After risking changing that, everything seemed to load on boot.
                    Then llvm 5 is required to startx, but I couldn't get trunk to compile.

Temperature and fan speeds all seem to work thru sensors.
                    Side note: I'm running ryzen and sensors-detect hard locks the system with 4.12.0-rc7 as it did with 4.11.x
                    Last edited by Soul_keeper; 01 July 2017, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Michael
                      I'll install it asap and send you the connection details via PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X