Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ronshere
    replied
    This is why Ethereum is spiking Vladimir Putin Is Getting Interested in Bitcoin's Biggest Rival

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...beyond-oil-gas

Leave a comment:

• thesandbender
    replied
    Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
    Is Ethereum new? Because all of the sudden RX 560s-580s are getting sold out everywhere with inflated prices, and AMD's stocks are shooting up as a result (which is weird, considering their stocks went down when Ryzen was released).
    Very new compared to Bitcoin. Ethereum was released July '15 (vs. Bitcoin Jan '09). There are a lot of little differences but the biggest ones are 1) "smart contracts" as part of the protocol which make fraud much more difficult (in theory at least) and 2) major backing from the public and private sector via Enterprise Etherium Alliance (EntEthAlliance.org). When you have Bancor, CreditSuisse, J.P. Morgan, National Bank of Canada, Rabobank, Santander, UBS, etc behind your crypto currency it's a safer bet than bitcoin and other crypto-currencies that it will become standardized and will probably be less volatile (doesn't mean that it's the right bet... just the odds are in its favor).
    The Enterprise Ethereum Alliance connects Fortune 500 enterprises, startups, academics, and technology vendors with Ethereum subject matter experts.

Leave a comment:

• qsmcomp
    replied
    Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
    Is Ethereum new? Because all of the sudden RX 560s-580s are getting sold out everywhere with inflated prices, and AMD's stocks are shooting up as a result (which is weird, considering their stocks went down when Ryzen was released).
    Hungry miners now even buy GTX 1060 or GTX 1050 Ti with or w/o Samsung GDDR5 memories.

Leave a comment:

• schmidtbag
    replied

Leave a comment:

• qsmcomp
    replied
    Professional miners uses Polaris graphics cards with Samsung GDDR5 memories, underclock the core frequency and overclock the memory frequency to get the maximum performance for watt.

Leave a comment:

• LeJimster
    replied
    This mining craze happened last time I tried to get a new graphics card after my old card died and because of the shortages I was without my PC for 2-3 weeks. I just hope the latest craze has run it's course by the time Vega is released. We don't need inflated prices in a market that is already taking us for a ride with nvidia gpu's.

Leave a comment:

• 15-Way NVIDIA/AMD OpenCL GPU Linux Benchmarks Of Ethereum Ethminer

Phoronix: 15-Way NVIDIA/AMD OpenCL GPU Linux Benchmarks Of Ethereum Ethminer

With the Ethereum cryptocurrency generating lots of buzz recently due to its rising valuation and being excellent for mining on GPUs, here are some Ubuntu Linux benchmarks when testing many different GeForce and Radeon graphics cards with the Ethminer OpenCL support, including performance-per-dollar and performance-per-Watt metrics.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X