NVIDIA GeForce GT 710: Trying The Newest Sub-$50 GPU On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by liamdawe View Post
    What was the point in running games on Ultra/High with it?

If you want to actually make your benchmarks useful, why not show people what it can actually do at a reasonable level?

Some of the most useless benchmarks I've seen recently here.
    I have to agree. If there is no one that will actually use the settings benchmarked then the benchmark doesn't show anything at all! This is just another example of why taking a little time to find the best playable settings is valuable and not a waste of time. At least then there would be something useful conveyed.

Comment

Originally posted by Dea1993 View Post

+1... very useless benchmark.
      they must try this gpu on 720p low, mid and high detail and 1080p on low detail.
      is useless test this gpu with 1080p and max graphics details
      Quote. Useless article at all. It would at least be interesting to see how it works with nouveau...

Comment

Originally posted by atomsymbol View Post

For some people, having the lowest-end discrete GPU is a question of freedom because it allows them to freely choose the CPU they like without restricting the choice to just CPUs with integrated graphics. If a user nevertheless later decides to buy a CPU with integrated graphics, having a spare discrete GPU will allow the user to freely choose when upgrading the machine to a newer next-generation CPU.

only amd have cpu without igpu, but some boards come with one, like i say this card is for ppl using one cpu/board without igpu and the old one burns, if you make a new pc is better to use a apu(if you don't like intel) the cheap ones have the soma igpu performance, if you don't care about gpu performance and only need cpu performance (a lot of them) amd is not a choice.

Comment

The GeForce GT 710 is certainly much faster than the GT 710... But not nearly enough to play any modern games at 1080p.
          Did you mean GT 610 or GT 520

Comment

I like how the article says this GPU's purpose is to compete with iGPUs and then proceeds to compare it to GPUs that are obviously superior. It doesn't convey any useful information since I still don't know if it's better than an iGPU.

Comment

Originally posted by andre30correia View Post
              the only point of this card if the old one burn and we don't have a igpu
              Old PC in which you need new features, like hardware accelerated video decoding? Old motherboards with DX7/8 feature level IGPs often still have PCIe slots.

Comment

That card is really a waste of money, it's so bad...I would buy a GTX 750Ti for 100 dollars instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeder View Post
                  I like how the article says this GPU's purpose is to compete with iGPUs and then proceeds to compare it to GPUs that are obviously superior. It doesn't convey any useful information since I still don't know if it's better than an iGPU.
                  If the article says that this GPU's purpose is to compete with iGPUs and none of the charts contains an iGPU, the reader should hit Ctrl+F and search the article for the term "integrated". The lack of iGPUs in the charts is strange, so the article most likely contains a statement that explains this strangeness.

Comment

Originally posted by Dea1993 View Post

+1... very useless benchmark.
                    they must try this gpu on 720p low, mid and high detail and 1080p on low detail.
                    is useless test this gpu with 1080p and max graphics details
                    In my case have very similar gpu, GK208 too but on GT630 (GT630 GK208 have 384 shaders vs 192 shaders in GT 710 GK208) in memory bus are same, however GT 630 GK208 consume 25w vs 19w on GT710 GK208

In dont use 720p (works only at 1024x768 max, samsung syncmaster 17 794MB), only recommends in special cases like other said (old pc, htpc or another special cases: example when cpu have enough power but gpu dont accomplishment when needs*, low money availaible for purchase)

*In this case appears APUs, only used APUs on windows where runs without mayor problems

And as other said use GK208 at 1080p is completly nonsense but if test 720p or less is more affordable**

**However needs customize so much in many titles

Last edited by pinguinpc; 06 February 2016, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by atomsymbol View Post

If the article says that this GPU's purpose is to compete with iGPUs and none of the charts contains an iGPU, the reader should hit Ctrl+F and search the article for the term "integrated". The lack of iGPUs in the charts is strange, so the article most likely contains a statement that explains this strangeness.
                      Yep, it explains that all of those tests are still being completed..
                      Michael Larabel
                      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X