• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bug77
    replied
    Originally posted by alexThunder View Post
    Calm down, it's still a beta.
    Right... Nothing to do with the final product at all. AMD is working on OpenArena oprimizations as we speak. Pigs fly.

Leave a comment:

• adrenochrome
    replied
    this beta is good for me, at least better than the two previous

still need to patch fglrx_drv.so to get rid of watermark and replace control file to enable aticonfig functionnalities

Leave a comment:

• alexThunder
    replied
    Calm down, it's still a beta.

Leave a comment:

• bug77
    replied
    Well, AMD only said they improved L4D2, they didn't say everything else was still working as before.
    I don't know if anyone still remembers, but this is why AMD turned to the open source community in the first place: their in-house solution just couldn't keep up. Rather sad...

Leave a comment:

• przemoli
    replied
    Can someone from AMD OpenSource team pass along few words of notice to Catalyst team? (With link to this phoronix article)

PS I was wandering if AMD teams share tests for conformance with all those technology out there? (OpenGL but also multimedia apis, etc.) That should be easy, should not revile any state secrets, and made both drivers better.

Leave a comment:

• migueleonm
    replied
    I am still unable to use those new fglrx driver since they dropped hd4000 series support. I have a hybrid HD4200/HD5650 and I can't use the supported hd5650 and I guess is because the hybrid graphics with an unsupported product.

Leave a comment:

• [Knuckles]
    replied
    ...also, Steam seems to segfault with this driver.

AMD?: Never again. *g*

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by leif81 View Post
    Is there a reason L4D isn't tested?
    RTFA:

"While I can't share Source Engine Linux benchmarks at the moment,"

"I've been part of the Linux beta since the beginning, however, until a later date when the beta is more open and any initial issues are worked out, benchmarks and other information can't be shared. But when the time comes, of course, there will be plenty of Phoronix benchmarks from the Source Engine games on Linux with different drivers and hardware."

Leave a comment:

• johnc
    replied
    Originally posted by leif81 View Post
    Is there a reason L4D isn't tested?
    There is no Linux version of L4D that's publicly available.

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
    An upcoming update for Ubuntu 12.10 (Compiz 0.9.7.10) will enable unredirect fullscreen windows by default, improving performance and responsiveness for fullscreen OpenGL games, so more goodness is coming.
    Selecting that option does seem to help, but IME something is still off big-time. It might be dual-monitor related, but traditionally (pre-Unity / GNOME3) I've never had any problems, and have never had to select that option. It'll get sorted out soon enough no doubt.

Leave a comment:

• d2kx
    replied
    An upcoming update for Ubuntu 12.10 (Compiz 0.9.7.10) will enable unredirect fullscreen windows by default, improving performance and responsiveness for fullscreen OpenGL games, so more goodness is coming.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X