Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sapphire Radeon HD 6570

Phoronix: Sapphire Radeon HD 6570

AMD has expanded its Radeon HD 6000 series family, with the launch this week of the mid-range Radeon HD 6570 and Radeon HD 6670 graphics cards. We were sent over a Sapphire Radeon HD 6570 in advance, but as it did not arrive until Monday, the results are only now available. Here is the first Linux benchmarks of the AMD Radeon HD 6570 "Turks" graphics processor.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The not yet publicly released Source engine for Linux... LOLOLOLOLOL

Comment

A nice lowend , low energy budget card.
      But you really got to let this Steam For Linux thing go.
      Sure They made you sign a NDA but that doesnt mean they will ever release anything.

Comment

Hmm is it me or the testbench specs are missing? (might have missed an earlier discussion about it though)

Particularly interesting card as its 6550 sibling will be part of the Llano APU that is set to launch this summer. So one should roughly expect a raw power slightly above a 4670, correct? Since it's what I have in my main rig and it does its job, I won't complain

And wow... A Catalyst 11.5 Linux press release driver? Another hint of how AMD takes the Linux consumer market seriously
        *Flood of "Yeah but..."s and "About time!"s in 3... 2... 1...*

Comment

Originally posted by PsynoKhi0 View Post
          Yeah but... "about time" what? Taking the linux market seriously?
          Particularly interesting card as its 6550 sibling will be part of the Llano APU that is set to launch this summer.
          Oh yeah! \m/ If the first Llanos end up being something like Zacate but much more powerful, we have a winner. About this 6570, it should make a very nice HTPC/low power/low noise gpu. It seems to be a better value than the 6670.

Comment

And wow... A Catalyst 11.5 Linux press release driver? Another hint of how AMD takes the Linux consumer market seriously
            Don't get your hopes up too high... AMD or Sapphire didn't send it over as a press driver but I tagged it a press driver myself in needing one when they only sent Windows binaries...In the past though for like the RV770 launch and other large launches they have had Linux binaries available sometimes via a press FTP mirror.
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
              Don't get your hopes up too high... AMD or Sapphire didn't send it over as a press driver but I tagged it a press driver myself in needing one when they only sent Windows binaries...
              I wonder if they even bothered to see what type of market phoronix covers, or they just assumed it's another windows oriented IT site. You must get a lot of funny looks when people discover you cover linux hardware news and reviews.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                Don't get your hopes up too high... AMD or Sapphire didn't send it over as a press driver but I tagged it a press driver myself in needing one when they only sent Windows binaries...In the past though for like the RV770 launch and other large launches they have had Linux binaries available sometimes via a press FTP mirror.
                Shhhhh!!!!! Not after I took a gratuitous jab at nay-sayers!

Comment

Working...
                X