Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

nVidia likely to remain accelerated video king?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Qaridarium
    apple=DRM=EVIL
    *sigh* a typical Qaridarium response of no value what so ever. That's OK we understand you were an abused child.

Comment

• Maybe this is more your speed Qaridariim

Welcome to the official site for Tinker Bell and all her Disney Fairies friends! Here you can stream movies, watch videos, read character bios, and more.

Comment

well nice.. :-) but yes i hate your company!
        I hate your babbling and lies so I guess we are even.

PS I haven't worked there for about 2 years now.

Comment

"
          lies? can you point this out?

or is this just a Nvidia fan-boy reaction ?
          Did we already forget about your claim of Apple paying Steam off of linux? There are many others (just look at pretty much every thread you have commented on in these forums) but really your just not worth the effort of a forum search.

Comment

Wow I thought this was some kind of joke. But then I follow the link and apparently it's for real. This is exactly why I will never buy an Apple product myself. But I can see why Apple can get away with it. They are very good at marketing and many people buy their products just as a status symbol.

Comment

• Originally posted by deanjo View Post
              Since I talk to all those companies on the driver side, I pretty much know the actual limitations of this. This is why I wrote, roughly, that you can try but they won't guarantee the real-time constraints of 2 HD streams decoding. You will have to check the actual specs of the HW. The same applies to SW decoding you know, you can throw several files to your CPU at once, but you can't guarantee real-time constraints. e.g. as defined by the h264 specs.

That could be possible with higher end GPUs, with plenty of memory too depending on the clips, though my primary targets were IGPs.

Comment

• Originally posted by gbeauche View Post
                Since I talk to all those companies on the driver side, I pretty much know the actual limitations of this. This is why I wrote, roughly, that you can try but they won't guarantee the real-time constraints of 2 HD streams decoding. You will have to check the actual specs of the HW. The same applies to SW decoding you know, you can throw several files to your CPU at once, but you can't guarantee real-time constraints. e.g. as defined by the h264 specs.

That could be possible with higher end GPUs, with plenty of memory too depending on the clips, though my primary targets were IGPs.
                I have a Radeon HD 4650 that I have been running your implementation of XvBA on. Without vsync, I have a constant 22% GPU usage, while watching Bluray quality HD video. So I definitely think that it would be possible for the shaders to do their jobs, I guess UVD is the weak link.

Comment

if you think this is a lie... check the true first call your Steve Jobs and if he does have balls he tells you i'm right!
                  More lies. Prove me wrong or shut up. Right now Hans Reiser has more credibility then you. Your statement has no more credibility then if someone was to say in January you were molesting a farm animal. Sure you could deny it but we would all just say it's just another lie from you to cover up.

Comment

• Originally posted by gbeauche View Post

Well I have one box that is playing back the raw h264 2 hd streams from IPTV on a 8200 IGP just fine. Sure the streams are 720P but they are doing it fine and without hiccup. On the GTX275 I regularly have it playing back and capture multiple streams from 3 Hauppague HD-PVR's. So it can be done and in a reliable manner.

Comment

• Bridgeman, my computer crashes when I try to play a 2160P video using XvBA. Do you know why this happens? It will play using the CPU, but not the GPU. I don't even get a single frame with GPU decoding. From my estimates, my card should be able to decode it. I figure this because that is four times 1080P, and 1080P takes 22% GPU, so 2160P should take 88% GPU. If you have any insight on this it would be great.

Comment

Working...
                      X