Hdmi-cec?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eliasp View Post
    The vendor even provides an opensource library for it on github: https://github.com/Pulse-Eight/libcec
    I stand corrected in that regard. So it's a decent alternative.

Still the software to the firmware etc would be even more ideal

Comment

I know this Thread is very old but is there any new progress? CEC is a very useful thing for media centers.

Comment

Originally posted by Nille View Post
        I know this Thread is very old but is there any new progress? CEC is a very useful thing for media centers.
        Have you tried it?
        I had put OpenElec on my Rasberry Pi, and and far as I can remember, it just worked (or if not, just checking a single box did it). I was able to use the TV's remote control to move around and select stuff in XBMC.
        No special hardware needed.

Comment

The Dirver has to Support it and on the last pages there is the question in the room if the radeon can do it.

Comment

Sorry for digging up this very old thread, but is there any progress with hdmi-cec on linux? Is it only supported on Raspberry Pi?
            Also what's situation on H/W side - does any amd/nvidia/intel board support it? if so - also on linux? with properitary or open drivers?
            I've recently built HTPC based on Kabini APU with kodibuntu and it would be very nice to have control with TV remote And pulse-eight converter is more expensive than APU so not so good solution :P

Comment

Originally posted by konserw View Post
              but is there any progress with hdmi-cec on linux?
              Nothing

Is it only supported on Raspberry Pi?
              Other ARM SoCs also Support it, but please dont ask me which one.

Also what's situation on H/W side - does any amd/nvidia/intel board support it?
              AMD Hardware should Support it, but there is no support in the drivers (radeon and fglrx).

Comment

Originally posted by Nille View Post
                AMD Hardware should Support it, but there is no support in the drivers (radeon and fglrx).
                Can you tell me where you got this info? Just buy the USB CEC adapter or get something with CEC support like Pi(2), Amazon Fire TV (Stick)...

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                  Can you tell me where you got this info?
                  From Dave or Alex, i can tell anymore from which one.

Just buy the USB CEC adapter or get something with CEC support like Pi(2), Amazon Fire TV (Stick)...
                  Why should someone buy hardware thats not really needed if the driver support its own hardware properly and for many cases the ARM SoCs are to weak.

Comment

Interesting, then just wait till it works.

Comment

Just buy the USB CEC adapter
                      As i have written before - CEC adapter is more expensive then apu i've used so it's a bit overkill, especially with tight budget. Also shipping may be problematic to Poland ;/

or get something with CEC support like Pi(2), Amazon Fire TV (Stick)...
                      I've decided to build x86 machine because i used it as dlna/cifs server (initially with plex media server) with 1TB hard drive (SATA). Unfortunately playing HD content was not reliable thru DLNA over wi-fi. So i decided to connect TV with hdmi and install kodi. - back then raspberry pi 2 didn't exist and raspberry pi B was too slow and had no SATA port...
                      Again I don't want to spend extra money while i had this equipment lying around.

I wonder if indeed my mobo/apu supports CEC in hardware and ifso how much work is needed on the software side - probably kernel. There is liCEC for raspberry pi and adapter already https://github.com/Pulse-Eight/libcec . I've got some C/C++ skills so maybe I could contribute if someone would point me direction (@bridgeman?)

Comment

Working...
                      X