Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intel Arc Graphics vs. AMD Radeon vs. NVIDIA GeForce For 1080p Linux Graphics In Late 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Arc Graphics vs. AMD Radeon vs. NVIDIA GeForce For 1080p Linux Graphics In Late 2023

Phoronix: Intel Arc Graphics vs. AMD Radeon vs. NVIDIA GeForce For 1080p Linux Graphics In Late 2023

Following last month's launch of the Intel Arc Graphics A580 for a sub-$200 graphics card backed by an open-source Linux driver stack I ran some benchmarks looking at the Intel Arc Graphics compute performance against NVIDIA's proprietary driver stack. In today's article is a fresh look at the 1080p Linux gaming/graphics performance across Intel Arc Graphics, AMD Radeon, and NVIDIA GeForce GPUs while using the latest Linux drivers.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

7800XT power consumption numbers would've been nice to see!

Comment

beibg, proviing

there didn't end up beibg much of a difference
      the rest of the Arc Graphics discrete line-up was proviing capable

Comment

Originally posted by raystriker View Post
        7800XT power consumption numbers would've been nice to see!
        It is quite disconcerting how far it lags behind the 6800xt in performance. Could Maybe it doesn't want to show power consumption out of sheer embarrassment.

Comment

Thank you Michael for this more mid-end oriented test, I really appreciate it.

Although some criticisms:
          • RTX 3080, RX 6800 and RX7800 are a little overkill for 1080p
          • i9-13900 is very unlikely to be used for 1080p in real world gaming, a core i5 or maybe the 5800X3D would give a much better approximation for the DIY market
          • random cards missing in random charts?
          Shouldn't the whole RTX 3000 series be much better? Maybe driver problems or Intel E-Core bug?

RX 7000 seems to still have some driver inefficiency.​

Comment

Why is the 6800 XT faster than the 7800 XT?

Comment

There's only so much time in the world, but I would've loved to see how 5700 XT keeps up with the rest of them.

Comment

I really like how the AMD cards throttle back to very low power usage at idle, the A750 and A770 cards are in the mid 30s just sitting there; nevertheless it's nice to see more than two colors on the charts.

Comment

RX 6800 XT got solid better results than 7800 XT, that's more likely a driver issue that will be fixed later...

Comment

Originally posted by Cryio View Post
                    There's only so much time in the world, but I would've loved to see how 5700 XT keeps up with the rest of them.
                    perf/watt would be bad but perf only it should land around 10 - 15% over Rx 6600. Roughly where the 7600 sits in this test.

Comment

Working...
                    X