Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raspberry Pi 5 Graphics Continue With Open-Source Driver & Crazy Fast Compared To RPi 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coder View Post
    Hmm... link is broken for me.

Anyway, I'll bet its fan can get a bit loud. N100-class machines can easily reach > 20 W, under load. Of course, you should be able to adjust that through tweaking your frequency-scaling settings, at the expense of a little performance. Intel's N-series mini-PCs are sure having a bit of a moment. Good performance, good software support, and lots of good deals to be found.
    Strange. I can still open that. Try this one: https://aliexpress.com/item/1005005234874016.html. Or just go to aliexpress and search for N100 mini pc.

Dunno about the fan. I've tried these kind hardware, but with 5700u one (~$187 barebone). It could go ~54 watt for that 15 watt CPU. And yes, the N100 use about ~22 watt when full load (reviewed).

Sadly, when x86 mini-pc like N100 can be had for ~$130 ready to use OOTB, the opposite happened with ARM SBCs. The majority of SBCs with good-modern SoC is quite expensive. When you want to buy a complete SBC with the case, storage, and the rest, the price usually north of the x86 one.
    Last edited by t.s.; 04 November 2023, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post

Actually, I don't want that much power, but I want new CPU cores so that they're energy efficient. I would love to have some low-power Cortex-A55 (or even better, Cortex-A510 or Cortex-A520) cores since if I had a single-board computer it would probably mostly be idle or near idle.
      From the testing conducted by some people to rock5 (RK3588), it can idle to < 2 watt (about ~1.44 watt IIRC) without connected to monitor. When I testing the OPi5 16GB RAM, 32GB mSD, 256GB NVME, It goes around ~2-2.5 watt when idle, connected to monitor. When browsing or youtube-ing, IIRC, it's about ~7 watt. Not bad, but my elitedesk 800 G4 i5-8500T idle at ~4.6 watt and youtube-ing around ~8-11 watt. So, there's the number for you.

Comment

Originally posted by t.s. View Post

From the testing conducted by some people to rock5 (RK3588), it can idle to < 2 watt (about ~1.44 watt IIRC) without connected to monitor. When I testing the OPi5 16GB RAM, 32GB mSD, 256GB NVME, It goes around ~2-2.5 watt when idle, connected to monitor. When browsing or youtube-ing, IIRC, it's about ~7 watt. Not bad, but my elitedesk 800 G4 i5-8500T idle at ~4.6 watt and youtube-ing around ~8-11 watt. So, there's the number for you.
        Thank you very much for the informative numbers, it helps me to better see the context. Speaking of low power, browsing or youtube-ing on Cortex-A520 as mentioned in the original post would surely get us better wattage numbers than that of the OPi5. As the original poster, I hope we can get a newer and if possible the newest small core (cheaper fee/royalty) rather than some old big core.

Comment

Working...
        X