Matrox Announces LUMA Graphics Cards Powered By Intel Arc Graphics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox Announces LUMA Graphics Cards Powered By Intel Arc Graphics

Phoronix: Matrox Announces LUMA Graphics Cards Powered By Intel Arc Graphics

Matrox announced on Thursday their new graphics card series LUMA... The Matrox LUMA isn't powered by their own GPU design but rather they are now tapping Intel for their Arc Graphics discrete GPUs...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I guess Intel found somewhere to offload those extra GPU dies. I think MLID might be right, as much as I hate to say it. It would be a shame, we need another option that is not nvidia.

Comment

Nice to get some single slot AV1 capable cards for NAS systems. I already bought an AsRock A380 for that usecase though.

Comment

Matrox is traditionally horrifically expensive (in all fairness they do specialize in POS and legacy server GPUs so it is understandable).

I am wondering what sort of pricing they will have if using Arc technologies. Will they be comparable?

It is low profile which could have been be useful for a certain Coreboot HP 8200 Elite if the PCI-e gen aligned.

Comment

What would be benefit of Matrox here over ... pretty much every single AIB?

Comment

“The LUMA graphics cards each have four display outputs and can drive up to four 5K@60 displays or up to 8K@60 / 5K@120 if limiting to two displays. ”

How do these max resolution and max display rate specs compare to the top-of-the-line offerings from Nvidia, AMD and Intel? Also, would someone be able to add even more with DisplayLink?

Comment

Wow, Matrox still exists?

Comment

Hopefully some other board partner will release a single half-slot low-profile A380 variant (with a fan) as well. Would make an ideal GPU for 5L SFF cases.
                Last edited by emansom; 28 April 2023, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by stan View Post
                  “The LUMA graphics cards each have four display outputs and can drive up to four 5K@60 displays or up to 8K@60 / 5K@120 if limiting to two displays. ”

How do these max resolution and max display rate specs compare to the top-of-the-line offerings from Nvidia, AMD and Intel? Also, would someone be able to add even more with DisplayLink?
                  Well, I guess also the frame rates would have some kind of effect here. Yea, i's nice that you see the image, but how realistic is 4 x 5K @ 60 with these shitty low end cards? WebGL might require a bit faster GPU engine.

Comment

Originally posted by emansom View Post
                    Hopefully some other board partner will release a single half-slot low-profile A380 variant (with a fan) as well. Would make an ideal GPU for 5L SFF cases.
                    The Intel ARC Pro A40 workstation GPU is an A380 (limited due to thermals), although it is only available from OEM vendor systems (and when I checked last year, you could not order it as a spare, yet).

Comment

Working...
                    X