X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DarkFoss
    replied
    Nice read...It's about time ATI re-vamped their OpenGL Nvidia has been killing them for years even in Windows..

Leave a comment:

• Malikith
    replied
    That is definitely interesting, I want it now.. hehe.

Leave a comment:

• emparq
    replied
    new info @ ATI's Phil Rogers interview (extremetech.com)

some interesting tidbits:

ExtremeTech: The Vista driver, beginning with Catalyst 7.1, contains a "re-architected" OpenGL driver component. Exactly what is "re-architected" about it?

Rogers: Everything. This is a completely new driver, written from scratch in the last three years. ...

ExtremeTech: Why make the switch in the Vista driver, and not the XP one? Can XP users expect to get this new re-architected driver in the future?

Rogers: The new OpenGL driver has been designed from the ground up for Windows Vista, Windows XP and Linux and internally we are running and testing it on all three (or six if you count the 64 bit versions).
    The XP and Linux versions of this new OpenGL driver will ship later this year.
    ---------

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/...2103633,00.asp

---------

Looking forward to your pending article, Michael. Hopefully, more questions will be answered (like how much later this year?.. )

Leave a comment:

• yoshi314
    replied
    One thing I read, is that AMD intends to use the ATI control center for more than the video card. With-it you'll be able to set your sound, chipset etc...
    it would be nice if it had the avivo settings tab, like the windows version does.

Leave a comment:

• d2kx
    replied
    Can't wait, too.

@qlussier: When they do this in a year or two, be sure that they most likely will not do that in their linux drivers.

Leave a comment:

• glussier
    replied
    One thing I read, is that AMD intends to use the ATI control center for more than the video card. With-it you'll be able to set your sound, chipset etc...

Hopefully there won't be too much AMD advertisements in the Control Center, otherwise I'll stop using ATI/AMD on my Intel systems.

Leave a comment:

• Moustacha
    replied
    end of the month isn't too far away, goody

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by yoshi314 View Post
    too much waiting results in extremely high expectations. let's hope it does not get to us.
    Information from AMD has now been delayed to the end of the month, but I assure you it will be worth the wait

Leave a comment:

• yoshi314
    replied
    too much waiting results in extremely high expectations. let's hope it does not get to us.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
    No, I want it RIGHT NOW, Dagnabit!

I'm curious what they're going to say in this thing, to be honest with you. Guess I'll have to work on that "patience" thing my mother always chided me about, eh?
    It should be worth the wait

Leave a comment:

Working...
X