Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Radeon ROCm 2.0 OpenCL Benchmarks With Linux 5.0 On Ubuntu 18.10 vs. NVIDIA's Linux Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon ROCm 2.0 OpenCL Benchmarks With Linux 5.0 On Ubuntu 18.10 vs. NVIDIA's Linux Driver

Phoronix: Radeon ROCm 2.0 OpenCL Benchmarks With Linux 5.0 On Ubuntu 18.10 vs. NVIDIA's Linux Driver

With yesterday having posted fresh OpenGL/Vulkan Linux gaming benchmarks for the current NVIDIA GeForce and AMD Radeon graphics cards, in this article is the freshest OpenCL GPU compute data for that set of 14 graphics cards on the very latest Linux graphics driver stack. In the case of AMD Radeon open-source compute, it was tested using the new ROCm 2.0 atop the mainline Linux 5.0 kernel and Ubuntu 18.10.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Really looking forward to those Radeon VII benchmarks.

Comment

So the Vega 64 is on par with 1080 performance. I'd like to see how the Radeon VII and Radeon Instinct MI60 do when they are released.

Comment

Radeon VII is MI50 made for consumers, right? I would like to see how it performs these tests, since it`s supposed to be a platform for ML/AI. That said, I`m rather skeptical that the results will be impressive.

Comment

For those curious what a Vega 56 (165 Watt powerlimit) does with the amdgpu pro opencl backend, instead of ROCm

OpenBenchmarking.org, Phoronix Test Suite, Linux benchmarking, automated benchmarking, benchmarking results, benchmarking repository, open source benchmarking, benchmarking test profiles

Comment

No double precision benchmarks?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyChow View Post
              Radeon VII is MI50 made for consumers, right?
              Pretty much, yeah. I think they're bumping some clock speeds a small amount and limiting the fp64 rate vs the pro card.

Comment

Originally posted by ObiWan View Post
                For those curious what a Vega 56 (165 Watt powerlimit) does with the amdgpu pro opencl backend, instead of ROCm

https://openbenchmarking.org/result/...SP-1901305SP07
                So if I'm reading that right, comparable to the ROCm on almost everything but memory performance?
                I wonder what's going on there and how much whatever that is is contributing to the slight discrepancies here and there...?

Comment

kernel latency is also way higher on amdocl...

Basically there is mo reason to not use RoCm on amd cards... it also remains to be seen If the rate limited fp64 can be worked around in the open drivers.

Comment

so what is wrong with first batch of tests where amd cards perform much worse than on rest of tests?

Comment

Working...
                    X