Ethereum Crypto Mining Performance Benchmarks On The GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by theriddick View Post
    The atom bomb has uses beyond blowing people up too, but you don't see people setting them off daily do you?
    They're set off daily in Nuclear Power Plants.

Comment

Just like when someone wrote a program to see which states lotteries were easier to win. They then bought $13 million in tickets and won $36 million.

The next day all the lotteries increased the difficulty by a 1000 fold to stop "lottery mining".

Unless you live in Miami, most Porsche dealers don't accept cash for new cars anymore lest they get in trouble with their banks.

Comment

Originally posted by Weasel View Post
        They're set off daily in Nuclear Power Plants.
        The only cost-effective secondary use for nukes is Nuclear Pulse Propulsion (which is sadly only theoretical), nuclear power plants are very different from bombs.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuxee View Post

Happens when you make up your story while typing.
          or you know, do it for tax reason because you can deduct the dept on the house.

Comment

Originally posted by Weasel View Post
            Are you a communist or something?

People PAY for electricity and use it how they see fit. You don't tell them what to do with it. Playing video games also wastes unnecessary electricity; at the very least lower your graphics to minimum to consume less, right? Or what?

High resolutions require more processing power. Let's use 640x480 or whatever. 4k should be absolutely banned. Waste of energy.

Let's ban ALL software not written in assembler or C and optimized for energy usage. They waste unnecessary energy due to their bloat which needs more processing power and all that. Come on let's be fair, at least so that such a commie world wouldn't be so bad to get rid of garbage while at it. ;-)

Yeah and while we're at it we should remove these commie regulations on guns too. I PAID for my gun and use it how I see fit. You don't tell me what to do with it. If I wanna shoot you in the face I damn well should have the right to do so.

O.O

Comment

Originally posted by sjekkel View Post
              Yeah and while we're at it we should remove these commie regulations on guns too. I PAID for my gun and use it how I see fit. You don't tell me what to do with it. If I wanna shoot you in the face I damn well should have the right to do so.

O.O
              Are you seriously comparing wasting electricity (or gas or other power sources) to murder?

What are you, a Greenpeace activist?

Comment

electricity is not a unlimited resource...

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                  Are you seriously comparing wasting electricity (or gas or other power sources) to murder?

What are you, a Greenpeace activist?
                  I am making an analogy with 2 examples who both rely on me having bought something and using it however I see fit.

Are you doing the very common thing of dismissing an analogy because "you can't compare X to Y"? Do you realize that no 2 real things are the same so in the very fashion you tried to dismiss my analogy I can dismiss any analogy you make with real world examples. Have a go at it, bring me your best real world analogy and I will break it.

My analogy highlights very well how having bought something doesn't implicitly give you the right to use it however you want, be that your car, your gun or your computer. You seem to dislike me making this clear so you disingenuously dismissed my analogy instead of bringing something of substance.
                  Last edited by sjekkel; 24 September 2018, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Well, I'll bite and reply respectfully. Your analogy doesn't hold. Because I'm not your property and my face is not your property, either, even if it wasn't murder.

So no, you can't even shoot my property, much less my face. Feel free to shoot yours though. (your property, not your face, but feel free to do that too if you want)

Wasting electricity infringes on your property or your life how exactly?

If you say it's about "the common good" to not waste electricity, you realize that's a commie statement right? It's even in the name.
                    Last edited by Weasel; 24 September 2018, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Are you doing the very common thing of dismissing an analogy because "you can't compare X to Y"?
                      Yes, because if the other person wasn't pulling out straight fucking murder in his analogy I don't see why you should.

One thing is doing a minusucule amount of harm to future generations (minusucule if counted as what you did as an individual) which can become an issue (or not) only as part of a far larger movement of people, and another is taking a gun to the face of someone and killing him outright.

You seem to dislike me making this clear so you disingenuously dismissed my analogy instead of bringing something of substance.
                      I just detected standard JSW patterns of comparing everything they don't like to fucking murder for the sake of causing a reaction. Sorry but that's bs and I'll have to point it out.

Comment

Working...
                      X