NVIDIA’s Next Generation Mainstream GPU Will At Least Be Detailed In August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
    Can you clarify this? I'm not really sure what you are talking about. With amdgpu, we release just about complete register headers for just about every part of the chip and we use those definitions and enums in the driver. There are very few, if any, magic numbers in the driver.
    Have to agree with Alex here... there are maybe a dozen "golden register settings" per chip out of thousands of registers, and those are "magic numbered" simply because the HW teams tell us to program register X with value Y, and that's where the golden register code comes from. Our internal code is no different.
    Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
      That's going to get expensive as it scales up. How about a pony ?
      A golden pony?

---
      I have a 1080TI because I game at 4k, and well it kinda does the job, plenty of dips well below 60fps and some games only give 50fps at medium settings so I will definitely be looking out for the NEXT big thing, however I would prefer to get a AMD GPU, unfortunately If AMD has not got something to match the 1180 or whatever when it comes out, I will have no choice but to go with NVIDIA again. (I spin a ITX form factor 1080Ti, pretty cool)
      Last edited by theriddick; 01 June 2018, 01:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post

Have to agree with Alex here... there are maybe a dozen "golden register settings" per chip out of thousands of registers, and those are "magic numbered" simply because the HW teams tell us to program register X with value Y, and that's where the golden register code comes from. Our internal code is no different.
        Moreover, the registers in the golden settings are documented in the register headers anyway if you want to decode the settings.

Comment

Working...
        X