Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows 10 vs. Ubuntu Linux With Radeon / GeForce GPUs On The Latest 2018 Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HenryM View Post
    However, the "Insertion" map runs like choppy garbage offline with bots for some reason, yet it's smooth but slow online or without bots... that's with the 4570 and an i7-860.
    i7 [email protected] here and the stutter is visible even at 220fps.

Comment

Originally posted by prazola View Post
      I tested this with r9 390x r9 290 r9 280x HD4870 and the problem is always there. There's no way you are not facing the problem.
      My system works so there's no way you are having problems Do you have your GPU in the primary PCI-E slot? I've read about people having microstuttering when they used GPU in secondary the slot. I don't have any of the problems you mentioned earlier in this thread, I got Ryzen [email protected] so my CPU is slower than yours. Only time my fps drops is when a pop-up shows on the other screen, but that's probably Gnome to blame.

Comment

Originally posted by Tsih View Post
        My system works so there's no way you are having problems Do you have your GPU in the primary PCI-E slot? I've read about people having microstuttering when they used GPU in secondary the slot. I don't have any of the problems you mentioned earlier in this thread, I got Ryzen [email protected] so my CPU is slower than yours. Only time my fps drops is when a pop-up shows on the other screen, but that's probably Gnome to blame.
        I've performance above the average in every game I tested, like 10-15% above Michael's Rx580 tests (with my r9 390x). Tbh, if you don't notice the problem with radeon drivers and csgo on linux you are playing with vsynch or you don't know how to spray an ak in the game.
        Enable the netgraph, cap your FPS to 300 and start shooting at something, even a box, and see how FPS drops. I repeat, wine with nine patch set runs better because there's no translation layer in place.

Comment

Working...
        X