Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brane215
    replied
    @dungeon: That LG seems to be very nice, at least people are raving about it. But 4K on 27" is probably only adequate for gaming and multimedia, not Office work, CAD and programming. There are a new 40-inchers that are quite cheap, like: http://hexus.net/tech/reviews/monito...-x4071uhsu-b1/

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied
    Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
    This. For that price IPS or GTFO.
    Like this 27" IPS for $449 (sometimes drops to $399 people commented), one inch less yeah but sounds much better to me

Buy LG 27UD68-P 27" FreeSync IPS LED Monitor 4K UHD 3840 x 2160 16:9 Widescreen On-Screen Control with Screen Split Game Mode & Black Stabilizer HDMI DisplayPort with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Originally posted by bug77 View Post
    I have a hard time believing $500 for a TN-Film monitor (4k or not) is a good deal.
    This. For that price IPS or GTFO.

Originally posted by tsuru View Post
    I'm interested to hear how well using linux-friendly color calibration like the ColorHug is on monitor reviews. I know it's not something with hard numbers like benchmarks; just an idea.
    Monitor quality isn't linux-specific tho, what would that add to the tests?

Leave a comment:

• joh22n
    replied
    Originally posted by LinuxID10T View Post

I recently got a 4K display to go along with my new RX 480, and the text size isn't that bad on a 28" monitor. I occasionally need to squint or get closer for smaller text, but overall very usable without scaling. Ubuntu and Unity's scaling works pretty decently as well. Definitely better than Windows 10's LOL.

We’re sorry, but this page does not existing. Please visit our home page for more information.

^ Link to the monitor if you are interested, no USB ports and no speakers, but I like the design better than the Asus.
    Thank you for the info!

Leave a comment:

• LinuxID10T
    replied
    Originally posted by joh22n View Post
    I'm interested in getting myself a 28" 4k monitor but first I would like to know how display scaling works on Ubuntu with Unity. I've heard that text on 28" @ 4k is too small and you'd have to scale to make it more eye-friendly. What is your experience Michael: how is the text size for your eyes and have you tried display scaling on Unity to see whether everything scales nicely or not?

Thanks!
    I recently got a 4K display to go along with my new RX 480, and the text size isn't that bad on a 28" monitor. I occasionally need to squint or get closer for smaller text, but overall very usable without scaling. Ubuntu and Unity's scaling works pretty decently as well. Definitely better than Windows 10's LOL.

We’re sorry, but this page does not existing. Please visit our home page for more information.

^ Link to the monitor if you are interested, no USB ports and no speakers, but I like the design better than the Asus.

Leave a comment:

• joh22n
    replied
    I'm interested in getting myself a 28" 4k monitor but first I would like to know how display scaling works on Ubuntu with Unity. I've heard that text on 28" @ 4k is too small and you'd have to scale to make it more eye-friendly. What is your experience Michael: how is the text size for your eyes and have you tried display scaling on Unity to see whether everything scales nicely or not?

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by tsuru View Post
    I'm interested to hear how well using linux-friendly color calibration like the ColorHug is on monitor reviews. I know it's not something with hard numbers like benchmarks; just an idea.
    Unfortunately I don't own a ColorHug or any other color calibration device, hence why it wasn't tested.

Leave a comment:

• rabcor
    replied
    Damn, my dream monitor... almost, if it only had more color accuracy I'd be sold, don't wanna be drawing on a TN panel.... Now that we have colors that stretch near 100% AdobeRGB, that's what I want... Quantum Dot plz.

Leave a comment:

• tsuru
    replied

Leave a comment:

• devius
    replied
    Originally posted by bug77 View Post
    I have a hard time believing $500 for a TN-Film monitor (4k or not) is a good deal.
    But, but.... it says "Supreme Gaming Experience" on its base

Something tells me that in a few years you won't be able to buy a PC or any accessory for it that doesn't look like it fell off of Optimus Prime's ass.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X