No announcement yet.

GNU/Linux media center hardware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

even if it were more expensive, you should still go with intel, as the drivers just works(tm).

Comment

Originally posted by Redeeman View Post
      even if it were more expensive, you should still go with intel, as the drivers just works(tm).
      He shouldn't buy TWO graphic's cards as it would be pointless (excluding setups with more then 2 monitors...). Either go for the integrated (intel) or the dedicated (ATI).

Comment

i can only give one advice - if you're planning on putting a capture device inside - don't buy hauppage wintv hvr-1300 ;-)

tv capturing works like a charm, but i'm having strange audio problems on this one (it's supported via cx88-alsa driver). hardware mpeg capture works fine though, even with audio.

well, things might change in the future, though.

Comment

Originally posted by yoshi314 View Post
          i can only give one advice - if you're planning on putting a capture device inside - don't buy hauppage wintv hvr-1300 ;-)

tv capturing works like a charm, but i'm having strange audio problems on this one (it's supported via cx88-alsa driver). hardware mpeg capture works fine though, even with audio.

well, things might change in the future, though.

You wouldn't by chance be running with the alsa-pulse plug-in would ya? I was having the same issue until I removed that plug-in from the system.

Comment

Working...
          X