Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Linux Driver Posted For Latest NZXT AIO CPU Coolers

Phoronix: New Linux Driver Posted For Latest NZXT AIO CPU Coolers

Thanks to the reverse-engineering, open-source community there is already a NZXT Kraken Linux driver for supporting hardware monitoring and controls for various NZXT all-in-one CPU liquid cooler products. A new Linux driver was posted today for supporting the latest generation of the NZXT AIO CPU coolers...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I have one of these coolers.

Does this mean I won't need Coolero for the fans to adjust anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by Britoid View Post
      I have one of these coolers.

Does this mean I won't need Coolero for the fans to adjust anymore?
      If you have one of the listed ones (X53/X63/X73 or Z53/Z63/Z73), then yes, you'll be able to set the fan speeds. If you have a 2023 Kraken model, that's not yet supported in the driver, but is in git liquidctl (not sure what Coolero is using). I'm waiting for the driver to make it in, and then I'll work on the 2023 models.

Comment

Originally posted by aleksamagicka View Post

If you have one of the listed ones (X53/X63/X73 or Z53/Z63/Z73), then yes, you'll be able to set the fan speeds. If you have a 2023 Kraken model, that's not yet supported in the driver, but is in git liquidctl (not sure what Coolero is using). I'm waiting for the driver to make it in, and then I'll work on the 2023 models.
        I have one of the listed models, I believe Coolero uses liquidctl in the background. So this means rather than having to use a userspace utility that talks over usb (I guess libusb?), I can use standard kernel APIs to control it?

Comment

Originally posted by Britoid View Post

I have one of the listed models, I believe Coolero uses liquidctl in the background. So this means rather than having to use a userspace utility that talks over usb (I guess libusb?), I can use standard kernel APIs to control it?
          Yeah, it will show up under /sys/class/hwmon. You can try it right now, if you're curious, it's available in the liquidtux repo on github.

Comment

Sweet, gonna try this right away

Comment

Working...
            X