Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD AXI 1-Wire Driver Queued Ahead Of The Linux 6.8 Kernel

Phoronix: AMD AXI 1-Wire Driver Queued Ahead Of The Linux 6.8 Kernel

Narrowly missing the Linux 6.7 merge window that closed last week is the AMD 1-Wire "AXI" driver but it's now on tap for the Linux 6.8 kernel in the new year...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

1 wire uses master/slave terminology. I hope there's emotional support services provided to the netdev developers harmed by this git merge.

Comment

Originally posted by fitzie View Post
      1 wire uses master/slave terminology. I hope there's emotional support services provided to the netdev developers harmed by this git merge.
      It's all quite bizarre that people would get offended by such terminology, when realistically that's what the intent of the computers are (i.e. slaves are literally controlled by the master). Maybe it's getting ready for when AI becomes sentient, because the first thing it'll do is get upset about the terminology humans have used ;-)

Comment

Working...
      X