No announcement yet.

Raspberry Pi 5 Single Board Computers Begin Shipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would love to have proper HaikuOS support, but seems that this platform its not open enough for them to be able to do a proper port.

Comment

Originally posted by AkulaMD View Post

Would be better if all of this have been done at least prior to shipping to pre-order customers.
      That's what I meant to say in a sarcastic way!

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post

That's what I meant to say in a sarcastic way!
        Actually I got what you meant with the sarcasm in the last sentence and I was in total agreement with you, but I wrote a reply to your first sentence instead.
        Last edited by AkulaMD; 25 October 2023, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
          And no fully working MESA upstream driver, no fully conformsnt OpenGL implementation. And nonfully Linux upstream kernel support.

Good, Raspberry Pi 5. You are amazing
          they are improving, their mesa drivers support opengl 3.1, almost vulkan 1.1, and opengl es 3.1, even this days they send more patches to mainline mesa, maybe in couple of years they support vulkan 1.3 opengl es 3.2 and opengl 3.3 if the hardware support that ofc the most important is vulkan and maybe using zink to opengl

Comment

Originally posted by andre30correia View Post

they are improving, their mesa drivers support opengl 3.1, almost vulkan 1.1, and opengl es 3.1, even this days they send more patches to mainline mesa, maybe in couple of years they support vulkan 1.3 opengl es 3.2 and opengl 3.3 if the hardware support that ofc the most important is vulkan and maybe using zink to opengl
            As a Pi fan, I can see they are moving in the right direction with regard to that. However I really wish BCM2712 would instead come with more than just hevc hardware decoder. I also wish that Pi5 can play YouTube 1080p 60fps without frame drop.

Comment

Working...
            X