AMD Zen 5 / Family 1Ah Temperature Support & EDAC Submitted For Linux 6.6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Zen 5 / Family 1Ah Temperature Support & EDAC Submitted For Linux 6.6

Phoronix: AMD Zen 5 / Family 1Ah Temperature Support & EDAC Submitted For Linux 6.6

Over the summer AMD Linux engineers began sending kernel patches for Family 1Ah (Family 26) processors that almost surely are for next-gen Zen 5 processors. Among the initial bits sent out for this next-generation AMD CPU Family are HWMON temperature monitoring and EDAC reporting, which are now on their way for the Linux 6.6 kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It will be interesting to see what more comes in the weeks and months ahead with AMD so far being quite light on Zen 5 details.
    I already know some of what will be coming when Zen 5 releases. Model confusion. I've already mixed up pre-Zen model numbers with the current scheme. In that case it was an A10 product line that was something along the line of 7N4N where N are inconsequential in this case. It took me 15 minutes of climbing out of a sleep deprived stupor to realize what I was seeing described on a tech support request was a 2014 pre-Zen APU and not a contemporary Zen model with AMD's new (and confusing in its own right) numbering scheme.

Comment

Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't we lacking good temperature monitoring on zen4 even, or is that just a userspace issue?

Comment

Working...
      X