Linux Getting Rumble Support For Latest Microsoft Xbox Controllers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux Getting Rumble Support For Latest Microsoft Xbox Controllers

Phoronix: Linux Getting Rumble Support For Latest Microsoft Xbox Controllers

Thanks to a Google engineer in communication with Microsoft engineers, the "hid-microsoft" upstream Linux driver is seeing work to support the rumble mode on newer Xbox controllers...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Nice collaboration!

Comment

Just use Xpadneo

Comment

Originally posted by peterdk View Post
        Nice collaboration!
        Surprising given Google's apparent institutional dislike of Microsoft.

Comment

But can you update firmware from linux?
          I tried to use the wireless controller on Linux, encountered an issue, internet said you have to update the firmware, and i had to use windows for that. I felt so dirty that day.

Comment

Huh, I guess I didn't have this issue because I never updated mine. It would be great if they get the audio jack working too in the future.

Comment

is this for connecting via bluetooth?

Comment

It would be nice if at some point the work of the xone driver was added to the kernel. That gives full compatibility for the wireless dongle (which is a bit more reliable than Bluetooth), and even provides audio output support which is something that you don't even get out of Windows.

Comment

Originally posted by VoodaGod View Post
                  is this for connecting via bluetooth?
                  Yes, this is only for bluetooth (HID driver). xpad driver is not affected by this issue.

Comment

Originally posted by puleglot View Post

Yes, this is only for bluetooth (HID driver). xpad driver is not affected by this issue.
                    Oh, so that's why rumble on my Xbox Series X controller has been acting up on my Steam Deck, I assume?

It's like it goes haywire, even though it works ok on Windows, when playing Dirt Rally 2.0.

Comment

Working...
                    X