X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pal666
    replied
    Originally posted by Jumbotron View Post
    Although I didn't see a price rundown I would imagine the Sabrent is the best bang for the buck by far as well as taking the geometric mean crown. Well done Sabrent!
    sabrent and all others current "pcie4" ssd except samsung are made on same chinese factory with same chinese controller and same flash memory, just with different labels. and that chinese controller is pcie3 ssd controller with bolted on pcie4 bus support, it can't saturate pcie4, so all those "pcie4" ssds have same 4/5gb/s specs. they can have different levels of cheating firmware though.
    i'm waiting for real pcie4 ssd to put between optane and hdds and these benchmark results aren't encouraging

Leave a comment:

• polarathene
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael View Post
    Crucial P2 is labelled as a Corsair product in the graphs..?

Leave a comment:

• dwagner
    replied
    "Sequential writes" achieving almost twice the speed of "sequential reads" in this test tells me the writes went only into some SLC or DRAM cache, but not into the relatively slow TLC Flash.
    For SSDs, I consider all tests not including a full write to the entire storage space incomplete.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by evil_core View Post

hmmm....OK.
    I was sure you bought previous generations for testing (960 Pro and 970 Pro), but it seems it's not the case.
    My first idea was that you thought they re too old to be relevant in testing, or you were too lazy to search for them in your equipment ;-)
    I did have a 960 PRO that failed one me but afaik don't have any other one around. I do have a 970 PRO or two but are racked up in other systems in use, i.e. without getting review samples often my SSD supplies are very limited / being utilized elsewhere.

Leave a comment:

• evil_core
    replied

All a matter of the drives I have available for testing with generally stuck buying them for testing.
    hmmm....OK.
    I was sure you bought previous generations for testing (960 Pro and 970 Pro), but it seems it's not the case.
    My first idea was that you thought they re too old to be relevant in testing, or you were too lazy to search for them in your equipment ;-)

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by evil_core View Post
    This benchmark sucks. I know that "980 PRO" are TLC, but still are called PRO costs like PRO, so should be tested against 960 PRO and 970 PRO, not EVO versions.

I'm glad I bought in the past many 2TB 960 PRO drives for a good price ^^
    All a matter of the drives I have available for testing with generally stuck buying them for testing.

Leave a comment:

• evil_core
    replied
    This benchmark sucks. I know that "980 PRO" are TLC, but still are called PRO costs like PRO, so should be tested against 960 PRO and 970 PRO, not EVO versions.

I'm glad I bought in the past many 2TB 960 PRO drives for a good price ^^

Leave a comment:

• onlyLinuxLuvUBack
    replied
    Originally posted by intelfx View Post

Bullshit. Modern SSDs don't work that way. LBAs are not related to internal geometry or allocation patterns whatsoever.
    Maybe you should try to read the datasheet fine print...
    when you exceed the io window of the intelligent cache you will run in their 2nd listed performance mode.

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied

Guessing there are some firmware woes with the 980 PRO under Linux but haven't yet seen anything to confirm that.
    Typo:

Sabrenet Rocket 4.0 1TB

Leave a comment:

• cbdougla
    replied
    Originally posted by intelfx View Post

I have no idea why Samsung decided to put TLC in their "PRO" lineup, destroying the whole idea. I guess EVO will get QLC then? What a shitshow.
    The Sabrent, at least, also has TLC. I guess this is just the norm these days though it make me nervous.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X