No announcement yet.

LVFS Serves Up Over 17 Million Firmware Files To Linux Users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somehow HP is successfully showing the middle finger to customers when it comes to Linux support for their laptop models...
    Last edited by dovla091; 30 June 2020, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post

I really dont understand why e.g. intel is not providing it for the consumer stuff. I would really understand if they have some dedicated "safer" business solution but on consumer devices it should be a no-brainer for them.
      When it comes to Intel SSDs the updates seem to be few and infrequent. I don't know if that's good or bad.

I can tell you this about Intel's SSD firmware updates. They seem to require a Windows-based program that appears to be hard-coded to look for and use M$ Internet Exploder to interact with Intel's web site and download the latest firmware updates which are typically embedded in the latest version of the program.

That's been my experience with Intel SSD firmware updates over the past 5 or more years.
      Last edited by NotMine999; 30 June 2020, 11:26 AM. Reason: better sentence structure

Comment

Originally posted by NotMine999 View Post

When it comes to Intel SSDs the updates seem to be few and infrequent. I don't know if that's good or bad.

I can tell you this about Intel's SSD firmware updates, they seem to require a Windows-based program that appears to be hard-coded to look for and use M$ Internet Exploder to interact with Intel's web site and download the latest firmware updates which are typically embedded in the latest version of the program.

That's been my experience with Intel SSD firmware updates over the past 5 or more years.
        Exactly, thats why I hope it will be different in the future . We need a better solution.

Comment

Originally posted by NotMine999 View Post
          I can tell you this about Intel's SSD firmware updates. They seem to require a Windows-based program that appears to be hard-coded to look for and use M$ Internet Exploder to interact with Intel's web site and download the latest firmware updates which are typically embedded in the latest version of the program.
          What prevents Intel's bootable ISO from updating the firmware? Does it not support your SSD or something?

Comment

Working...
          X