No announcement yet.

Pre-Loaded Linux PCs Continue Increasing - TUXEDO Computers Sets Up New Offices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lets be honest Ubuntu is the best it is proven by the fact that it has fan base and haters

Comment

I would love to see them offer AMD based laptop's.
      Those that don't want gnome can chose opensuse KDE at checkout.
      I like that there are many keyboards layouts to chose from, i can buy with Swedish keyboard layout.
      I could buy from Clevo as well, they offer kubuntu.
      I don't care about preinstalled OS since i always do my own install.
      Linux Hardware, Notebooks, Computer und mehr. Individuell in Deutschland gefertigt, vollständig Linux tauglich, Windows natürlich auch

More than just off-the-shelf laptops - Over 50 CLEVO models - From office devices to high-end gaming, we configure and optimize them to your liking. We only in…

Comment

Get some laptops with AMD Ryzen APUs, and lower prices a bit and I might get one.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by wizard69 View Post
            I’d prefer Fedora myself. It does make you wonder why everyone of these companies base their distro on Ubuntu.

still I wish them success, they are at a point where growth can be difficult. Even things like moving to new offices can put a crimp on cash and productivity.

If your question is why they don't use base their distro or use directly Fedora then the Answer is clear:

1. no LTS Version, haveng all 6 months users update their system increases support costs and likely results in less happy users, especially the people that maybe are new to linux.

2. they sell also Nvidia Hardware so Fedora updates the kernels all 2 months or something alike so all 2 months their users could end up with booting into black screens.

Proprietary driver + new kernels don't work well. So currently either you deliver very old kernels for NVidia and have that bad AMD support or you deliver very new kernels to have good AMD support but bad NVidia support.

Ubuntu decided that they become NVidia OS, so if you sell NVidia Hardware you use the Nvidia OS.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
              so whats the point of TUXEDO if it is AMD/INTEL/NVIDIA hardware? it is just NOT Linux hardware at all.
              The point is being able to buy a computer without buying windows as well.

99.9% of us are not using Power9 or similar so this arrangement is fine.

Comment

Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
                tomtomme That’s the beauty of the small vendors. The OS is just a modified Ubuntu.
                Yeah, so we can relive the old golden days of the "ubuntu respin distro of the week".

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
                  for me hardware with closed source firmware is not true linux hardware.
                  You are using wrong name. You should call it FSF hardware or Opensource hardware.

so whats the point of TUXEDO if it is AMD/INTEL/NVIDIA hardware? it is just NOT Linux hardware at all.
                  Testing that the UEFI firmware (function buttons, ACPI, power management) does not suck balls with Linux, which is not insignificant given how there are issues in expensive laptops too.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
                    That just made me wonder -- How come Ubuntu (or any other distribution) doesn't have a more public facing vendor partnership program?
                    Because vendors don't pay shit to Canonical?
                    Why would Canonical host packages and ISO to download for third parties?
                    Why would a third party even want to pay for that when they will have their own infrastructure they are paying for anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
                      skeevy420 Fragmentation ends when multidesktopism ends. And that’s what they are doing right now
                      Can you please stop posting bullshit? You aren't helping GNOME

Comment

Working...
                      X