No announcement yet.

Catalyst 10.3 is out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey maybe the St Patty's day hangover hasn't quite wore off yet..should be all good tomorrow
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety,deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
    Ben Franklin 1755

Comment

More of the same ...
      Another month , another disillusion ...
      When i see great support FIRE PRO ... this makes me cry!!!
      ITs really a shame!!

Comment

I see no special "great" support for Fire Pro, the OpenGL stack is a bit faster for workstation apps which usually nobody uses there. Interestly the new Heaven benchmark is a bit faster with that too (no idea how much faster on high performance hardware, on low perfermance about 10%).

Comment

Wow, It's getting to be bed time, and still the link is dead....I guess we are really seeing how much they pay attention to the linux folks

Comment

The big thing I'd care about is that, on the previous drivers, I would periodically get hangs -- system would be fine under the hood, but the video card would wedge completely, and 'aticonfig' would report that the GPU was 99% in use, even though nothing was using it anymore.

Any clue whether that's likely to have been fixed? If it were gone, I'd get in some ways better behavior from using the ATI card and drivers, but as long as it's there, it makes the card sorta unusable.

Comment

I don't remember seeing those specifics (aticonfig showing high GPU utilization) in a bug report - is there a bugzilla ticket for the problem you're seeing ?
              Test signature

Comment

Okay... so where's the driver ?

Comment

Originally posted by Tares View Post
                  Okay... so where's the driver ?
                  I swear that the dog ate it!

Comment

Originally posted by rohcQaH View Post
                    but they already do, if you're looking at the right benchmarks[/url]
                    I know that in 2D the open-source drivers are great, but I ment "surpass" the proprietary drivers as in have all its features for all the supported hardware and deliver better performance. A bit ike what happens already with the R300 class hardware. I was trully amazed when my good old Radeon 9500Pro suddenly started giving me ultra-smooth desktop effects with the open-source drivers. Too bad that support came too late as I don't actually use that card on that PC now.

Comment

Originally posted by dgrafenhofer View Post
                      I swear that the dog ate it!
                      Bad dog ! :/

Comment

Working...
                      X