Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
    HOLY SHIT! MORE INDIE 2D PLATFORMERS!!!!! meh
    Yeah, and all of them are pretty much the same: "Sonic on stereoids". Plenty of light effects everywhere and a lot of speed.

Comment

Originally posted by stqn View Post
      I bought it and it?s a decent bundle, even though all games have input problems (when you?re not using a qwerty keymap, or an Xbox 360*pad). I wish devs started to make proper linux ports.

Stuck in The Swapper though, looks like it?s impossible to grab a crate.
      You have to press and hold the grab button - it took me a moment to figure that out myself.

@wargames
      did you even look at any of the games? Only 1 of the games is Sonic paced, another one is just simply "fast" and the rest are pretty slow.

Comment

Linux or not, this is probably the best bundle Humble Bundle has ever done. All those games are great.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
          You have to press and hold the grab button - it took me a moment to figure that out myself.
          Eh, you’re right, thanks! What a great idea the devs had to choose E as the default key to grab stuff when you need the same finger to press D and go right.

Edit: it’s a great game though.

Comment

Originally posted by stqn View Post
            Eh, you?re right, thanks! What a great idea the devs had to choose E as the default key to grab stuff when you need the same finger to press D and go right.

Edit: it?s a great game though.
            Well, you are allowed to re-map the controls. Since W can be used to jump, you could always make space as grab. You could also do middle click on the mouse.

Generally, you don't need to grab stuff in the game that often. Pushing is easier.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
              Oh look, linux gets something new and a user pops up to complain. What a surprise.
              2d platformers are the indie equivalent to zombie games. You can add as many twists to the genre as you want but it's still shovelware.

Comment

2d platformers are the indie equivalent to zombie games. You can add as many twists to the genre as you want but it's still shovelware.
                That's ridiculous, you could argue the same about EVERY genre. Zombie games don't get twists, they get bends, because what you can do with a zombie game is really limiting. 2D platformers have of the MOST variety. The only ones that don't are the hack'n'slash types.

Comment

People say the exact same thing no matter what kind of game comes out.

New AAA shooter? Boring game that brings nothing new.
                  New RPG? Boring game i have to spend 50 hours on before it gets interesting.
                  New sports game? Boring game that changes nothing that 100 games haven't already done better.
                  New platformer? Boring game that's "shovelware".

I could say something snarky about linux users here, such as every one of them being a boring indie equivalent, but whatever. You get the point.

Comment

Originally posted by TAXI View Post
                    Damn edit limit, I forgot a question for everyone: Was somebody else almost falling from chair when they saw this while starting Dust: An Elysian Tail:

?
                    Mark of the Ninja was published by Microsoft Studios as well and will be coming to Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by FutureSuture View Post
                      Mark of the Ninja was published by Microsoft Studios as well and will be coming to Linux.
                      Mark of the Ninja has actually been out on Linux for some time.

Comment

Working...
                      X