No announcement yet.

The Linux Kernel SABOTEURS.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the way i understood it - he means either inclusion or making reiser4 compatible. the latter happens within a week or two after a stable kernel release anyway.

what's the point of bitching? he should try looking at unsupported section on gentoo forums, there are people developing various kernel patchsets, also with reiser4.

reiser4 was rejected because it was too intrusive on various areas of the kernel that traditionally don't belong to the fs layer.

Comment

Originally posted by yoshi314 View Post
      the way i understood it - he means either inclusion or making reiser4 compatible. the latter happens within a week or two after a stable kernel release anyway.

what's the point of bitching? he should try looking at unsupported section on gentoo forums, there are people developing various kernel patchsets, also with reiser4.
      Jade's reasons are all political reasons...
      He maybe uses it in a patched kernel... but he want's to demonstrate reiser4's supremacy

reiser4 was rejected because it was too intrusive on various areas of the kernel that traditionally don't belong to the fs layer.
      not only! also the quality of code and code readability.
      Reiser4 has a lot of issues unsolved. Is potentially a good (someone thinks the best) filesystem, but in practice is not "finished".

Comment

^
        This is the answer.
        Nothing different.

Comment

Originally posted by Vighy View Post
          Jade's reasons are all political reasons...
          That is just not true.

Comment

Originally posted by Jade
            A new kernel and still no Reiser4.
            well i'm still waiting for gentoo patchset for the new kernel. do you think it's also sabotage?

besides it's only been a day or two. can't you wait one stupid week?
            I meant that Reiser4 is still not in the kernel, not that a patchset has not arrived,... but you may be right,... has the gentoo patchset come out yet?
            Last edited by Jade; 29 August 2008, 08:51 AM.

Comment

It really seems like everyone just wants this article (the truth) to go away.

Comment

You're just now figuring this out?

Comment

Originally posted by rbmorse View Post
                  You're just now figuring this out?
                  lol, conspiracy is on what we live for.

Comment

Originally posted by Jade View Post
                    It really seems like everyone just wants this article (the truth) to go away.
                    If this is the biggest thing you have to worry about in your life, such as it is, consider yourself lucky.

Comment

for Jade:

to be honest, I don't who is in right over here, but you scared me with this sentence: "That way Reiser4 will never be a competitive issue for various nasty software and database companies,...."

I've never thought of such a thing.... but you should better argoument your theories! or else anyone can do conspiracy about anything in the world!
                      Last edited by bulletxt; 26 September 2008, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X