No announcement yet.

RadeonSI Performance Patch Sharply Improves Frame-Rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great news! Any idea when OpenGL 3.2 will be supported, so I can buy one to play Metro: Last Light? :P

Comment

Originally posted by przemoli View Post
      And Catalyst is at ... ?
      There are not enough informations like which card, settings, resolution etc.

Comment

Knowing Micheal, he's probably already getting ready to do a benchmark trying this new patch out.

Comment

Originally posted by ua=42 View Post
          Knowing Micheal, he's probably already getting ready to do a benchmark trying this new patch out.
          Yeap, and please Michael, don't forget an APU

Comment

Originally posted by AJSB View Post
            Yeap, and please Michael, don't forget an APU
            AFAIK no APU uses raeonSI they are all r600g.

Comment

Originally posted by Nille View Post
              There are not enough informations like which card, settings, resolution etc.
              Marek's post said it was a Bonaire - that's a 7790. I'm guessing the gains aren't so massive on many other cards, but this is still great.

It sounds like linux 3.14, LLVM 3.4, and Mesa 10.0 is the stack that will finally bring the radeon SI driver up to generally acceptable levels. Hopefully 10.1 will bring geometry shaders and full GL 3.3 support.

Comment

Originally posted by chris200x9 View Post
                AFAIK no APU uses raeonSI they are all r600g.
                Please don't forget about APU based on Kabini and/or Temash. Those APUs uses RadeonSI.

Comment

Thanks for the early present, Marek!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Comment

The patch won't make any difference on chips with only one shader engine. As far as I know, the only Sea Islands chips with multiple shader engines are Bonaire and Hawaii, which is not many. It also depends on the app being tested, of course.

I was just lucky to have spotted this bug.

Comment

Originally posted by marek View Post
                      The patch won't make any difference on chips with only one shader engine. As far as I know, the only Sea Islands chips with multiple shader engines are Bonaire and Hawaii, which is not many. It also depends on the app being tested, of course.
                      That's unfortunate. There must be other "bugs" because HD7xxx series performance is quite bad: http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...ing_gpus&num=3

Comment

Working...
                      X