Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ati HD2400 video tearing

hello,
    I bought myself a new laptop, an asus a8sr, I got about everything working with it, I just have an incredibly annoying problem:
    with whatever driver I am using (fglrx, radeon, radeonhd, and vesa) whatever distribution (I tried Kubuntu, arch and gentoo), whatever different versions of xorg (1.3.0 and 1.4.0.90), various different xorg.conf configurations, I get incredibly disturbing (but discrete) horizontal tearing while watching videos (especially when there is a lot of movement). I though it was a hardware related issue at first, so I reinstalled vista to check if I would get the same thing, but I experienced no such thing under vista.
    I don't guess I am the first to get that, so if anyone has found a solution, please post it. Considering there is no way I am going to use vista, I need to get that working fine, because without that my computer is as good as trash.
    Thank you in advance.

I think your two best options right now would be fglrx (must use 8.3 release) with TexturedVideo enabled, or radeonhd with acceleration disabled (ie choose ShadowFB as the acceleration option).
    Test signature

Comment

thanks a lot fr the answer, i already had textured video enabled with 8.3 and i have to admit it was better than before but still not what I was looking for, and I don't quite know how to configure the disable acceleration qith the radeonhd driver, could you please just post a line of the driver section where one would do that?

Comment

ok, I found how to do it, so never mind. And I have to say, although there still is some tearing, theres way less than before and videos are now actually watchable. But I would quite like to be able to watch videos and also have direct rendering without having to change my xorg.conf file and restating X. Anyhow thanks and if you or anyone has an other answer to the problem, it would be great to post it. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
        X