Wine 1.5.10 Defaults To D3D Off-Screen Rendering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teho View Post
    Could you please go troll somewhere else? What makes you think that anybody cares that you can manage with just ALSA? PulseAudio is essential for anybody that wants actually usable system or owns modern hardware like bluetooth headsets or multiple soundcards or HDMI monitors or multichannel setups or.... WINE lacking proper PulseAudio is a real problem not so much PA itself.
    I've gottena long great without PA for the 14 years I've been running a linux desktop and I will continue to do so. I end up disabling for half the stuff I put on my wife's Ubuntu box.

Comment

BTW, do you know that the new gen of devs are using in Linux as audio goes ? PA ? ALSA ? OSS ?

Nope....they hacked it and seems they are writing their own stuff

At least that what i understood in an interview....maybe i got it wrong is an audio interview....

23 minutes....here is the link :

http://www.linuxuser.co.uk/news/stea...ith-ethan-lee/

Comment

Actually i head a bit better the interview and it seems that he's bashing MS XNA as for audio goes

Comment

PulseAudio and that other Lennart Poettering abomination SystemD just need to curl up and die.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamish Wilson View Post
            Fine, but are there any sound fixes?
            Get the winepulse patch [1] and rebuild wine.
            In my case, all sound issues w/ wine simply vanished.

P.S. Some distributions (E.g. Fedora) already use the winepulse patched wine version by default.

- Gilboa
            [1] http://repo.or.cz/w/wine/multimedia.git
            oVirt-HV1: Intel S2600C0, 2xE5-2658V2, 128GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX1080 (to-VM), Dell U3219Q, U2415, U2412M.
            oVirt-HV2: Intel S2400GP2, 2xE5-2448L, 120GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX730 (to-VM).
            oVirt-HV3: Gigabyte B85M-HD3, E3-1245V3, 32GB, 4x1TB, 2x480GB SSD, GTX980 (to-VM).
            Devel-2: Asus H110M-K, i5-6500, 16GB, 3x1TB + 128GB-SSD, F33.

Comment

Rebuilding Wine is hardly a good option in an environment with package managers...

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
                Rebuilding Wine is hardly a good option in an environment with package managers...
                it's not a bad option, either. Wine is stupid simple to build, it just takes a little while (depending on CPU). but for those who are lazy or can't be bothered, it is possible that someone is packaging wine-multimedia for your distro. For example, there appears to be a PPA for Ubuntu;

https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-wine/+archive/ppa (which does have winepulse patches applied and is maintained by the author of the patches).

and like someone else pointed out, Fedora packages it in their default wine packages, Archlinux (as i pointed out) has wine multimedia available and i am sure some other distros do as well.

I also think it is a little silly to suppose that just because you have package management, that compiling software is a bad option. Most distros have package management, yet many users compile software... not only that, but there are package managers built around the concept of using build scripts.

Originally posted by Rallos Zek View Post
                PulseAudio and that other Lennart Poettering abomination SystemD just need to curl up and die.
                While i admit, i am not a big fan of PA (although, i do understand why it exists), SystemD is actually pretty decent - I recently upgraded one of my Archlinux boxes to use it. With some tweaking i was able to shave down boot time and SystemD is actually fairly straight forward to use. It works nicely.

out of curiousity, are you using SystemD?

Comment

Well, I'll admit that compiling Wine isn't that bad (I had to do a bisecting session once, and it wasn't too bad). But compiling some things, like FFmpeg (which I need to do due to a bug in their PulseAudio input module that hasn't even been looked into yet), breaks the system horribly, due to a lot of programs depending on it, and often on a specific version of it.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
                    It's only a problem for environments with binary packages, not package managers. It's perfectly natural in Gentoo and the package manager even makes it easier instead of getting in the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Ansla View Post
                      It's only a problem for environments with binary packages, not package managers. It's perfectly natural in Gentoo and the package manager even makes it easier instead of getting in the way.
                      I never had any need to compile anything not in Portage on Gentoo so far, but does Portage really know how to solve dependencies of applications that are not in Portage? I highly doubt that. And if something else depends on what you manually compiled, you can be in trouble even there.

Comment

Working...
                      X