No announcement yet.

Where is RadeonHD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It does exist true as I've looked up, but...correct me if I'm wrong: AMD does not (officially) support it yet with 8.41. Unless I'm reading the wrong release notes, or I'm blind.

It supports the HD2400 Desktop variant, but no mention is made in the Mobility portion of it.

Link:

Comment

Originally posted by Uchikoma View Post
      It does exist true as I've looked up, but...correct me if I'm wrong: AMD does not (officially) support it yet with 8.41. Unless I'm reading the wrong release notes, or I'm blind.

It supports the HD2400 Desktop variant, but no mention is made in the Mobility portion of it.

Link:
      https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/674/9206...ux_8.41.7.html
      "Officially", I don't know. I do know that the fglrx driver correctly detects the Mobility HD chips without requiring any hacks such as required for unsupported cards such as the FireGL line.

Comment

I'm also in the same unhappy situation. I recently bought a new Toshiba P200-17C laptop with an ATI Radeon Mobility HD 2400 graphics card. Having previously used a laptop with an ATI card which ran linux superbly (with all the graphical effects) and having had trouble with NVIDIA cards on desktop linux machines before I somewhat naively assumed that there would be a greater chance of this one working.

Reading the forums it looks as if I will just have to wait, as a forced MS Vista user, until this card is better supported.

If anyone has a solution for using this graphics card (so that 3D acceleration is possible and you can run Compiz Fusion) on an Ubuntu Gutsy system I'd be most grateful.

Originally posted by wiscados View Post
        I just got a new laptop with a Radeon Mobility HD2400 graphics chip. But I have some problems with it. I can't get it to use the native resolution, and on Ubuntu I can't even get X running.

I've googled around and read some on this site and it's forum, and I often hear about this 'RadeonHD'(and about 8.42).

RadeonHD is a R600 open-source driver, correct? I want that driver, but I have no idea how to get it.

Where is RadeonHD?

Comment

wait for fglrx 8.42.x... is should be released til end of month

Comment

...which is ending fairly soon...

EDIT: That month ended sooner than I thought....
            Last edited by wiscados; 23 October 2007, 02:27 PM.

Comment

But here it is!

Comment

is this driver support x1950gt?

Comment

Originally posted by ffbadkill View Post
                  is this driver support x1950gt?
                  Read the release notes, and see if your card belongs to any of the listed card families. That said, I think it does.

Looks like users of FireGL workstation cards will have to wait till 8.43 -_-

Comment

Yes the X1950GT works with RadeonHD.
                    Michael Larabel
                    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X