Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They shouldn't be working during the weekend... They should have at least three teams of people working 24/7 if they want to improve their 'community rating' (and drivers by the way too).

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael View Post
      What item(s) are you looking forward most to in this release?
      just smooth 2d's fine by me!

Comment

I've never had an crippling issue with ATI cards under linux (yeah...it's unheard of), and I've been a user of their cards since our second computer (1999). Currently, both my cards are the x1___ series. (x1400 laptop, x1800 desktop)

If I had to say, I'm really looking forward to AIGLX. Then I can set up eye candy without having to do the "twist" to get Compiz/Beryl/Compiz Fusion up and running on my computer.
        [And even then sometimes it doesn't work for reasons I don't know]

Performance improvements are also on my list of things I 'm looking forward to after the positive (early) reports with 8.41. But since 8.41 was only really for the HD card users...

...and hopefully the driver release just might fix the suspend issues I have with my current linux setup.

Yeah, that's what I'm looking forward to in this upcoming driver release. If only one of those things happen, I'll be happy till the next release. If they all happen, I'll be in heaven.

...and if they all don't happen, well...it's another month of waiting, but what's one month of waiting on top of...oh lets see...8 years?

Uchi
        EDIT: My current setup is in xv mode right now -_-
        Last edited by Uchikoma; 18 October 2007, 01:36 PM.

Comment

• AIGLX (just for the sake of it)
          • Stability...
          • Performance
          • xv, possibly?
          • Possibly kernel module which doesn't require hand editing to compile against Debian kernel (currently there some stupid problems and you have to rename functions)?

I don't expect them to accomplish most of this...

Comment

• so, any hints? like "it's your lucky month, whatsyourname" ?
            or like "maybe just a little more waiting for all of you guys..."

Comment

I'd be happy with the performance improvements in 8.41 but that 8.42 won't hard lock my 9600XT-system, and AIGLX.

Comment

I want them to fix the PciE-AGP bridge bus problem. If they fix that, I'm a man in heaven.

Although, I don't know why people want Compiz support so bad when its stability and performance that really matters here. If ATI/AMD don't deliver Compiz but fix the performance issues and stability problems and major bugs, people will be upset, if ATI/AMD delivers Compiz but doesn't fix performance and stability problems and major bugs, people will be upset (As will I in this case). They just can't win. But they can win me if they fix the most important issues.

The only way they can really win out here is if they accomplish both, which I doubt.

Comment

• Malikith, nice sad

i dont care about AIGLX...they should fix xv,dual-monitor support,desktop rendering speed... all this does not work OK for my 5xx card

I think all this will stay on the same level in 8.42

hurray for AIGLX!!!

Comment

I enjoyed the performance increase in 8.41, I'm exicted to have some stability added to the performance, the water marking issue re-addressed, and maybe not the problems I'm having with D3D games.

Michael, any information on if this new driver set will have package builds for really recent distrobutions releases, my main concearn is openSUSE 10.3?

Comment

- good 2D acceleration
                      - working texturedvideo
                      - AIGLX

Am I willing too much?

Comment

Working...
                      X