Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by e350 View Post
    Will this get pulled for final or get more testing? Thanks
    When looking at radeon_asic it's quite apparent that it was simply missing. David has already submitted a pull request to Linus for the fix in 2.6.38.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Quick question regarding the Fusion boards out there. Are all of them limited to PCI-e 4x? All the ones that I have found limit the PCIe x16 slot to 4x.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
        Quick question regarding the Fusion boards out there. Are all of them limited to PCI-e 4x? All the ones that I have found limit the PCIe x16 slot to 4x.
        AFAICT, Zacate has 8 lanes total, 4 of which are used for the CPU/Hudson link (and I'm not sure all 8 are even on the same interface), so I doubt you'll see a Fusion board with a wider link until Llano comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by Ex-Cyber View Post
          AFAICT, Zacate has 8 lanes total, 4 of which are used for the CPU/Hudson link (and I'm not sure all 8 are even on the same interface), so I doubt you'll see a Fusion board with a wider link until Llano comes out.
          Too bad, would love to see at least a 8x and a 4x in the board. (Nvidia gfx and 4x for additional Sata card.)

Comment

Good thing that was spotted before release, even if not-reported-usefully
            Thanks to all parties involved!

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
              Too bad, would love to see at least a 8x and a 4x in the board. (Nvidia gfx and 4x for additional Sata card.)
              Not too sure about the rationale behind limiting PCI-E to 4x... Costs and CPU-bottleneck?

BTW you can find micro-ATX boards too with a few more expansion slots, ASUS has one... 2 PCI and 1 PCI-E x1, but hey...

Comment

Originally posted by PsynoKhi0 View Post
                Not too sure about the rationale behind limiting PCI-E to 4x... Costs and CPU-bottleneck?

BTW you can find micro-ATX boards too with a few more expansion slots, ASUS has one... 2 PCI and 1 PCI-E x1, but hey...
                micro-ATX would be fine. Currently Looking for PCI-e slots though, ideally 1-16x (graphics)/ 1-4x(sata card) / and at least 1x slot (Hauppauge Colossus card) and it would be nice to use a Fusion processor. (HTPC use for this configuration).

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks, Dave, for fixing the bug so quickly, and thanks to Michael for bringing the issue to light!

Also, Michael, could you perhaps add an indication to the "Takes A Dive" title to indicate that the issue has been resolved? The title scared me at first, until I read the story and found out it's actually a success story of an issue being discovered one day and fixed the next!

Comment

Originally posted by PsynoKhi0 View Post

I think the integrated GPU is already CPU bottlenecked on most games, so I doubt they figured many people would want to put a discrete card in there.

And I'm sure costs and limiting power usage is why they limited it.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
                      I think the integrated GPU is already CPU bottlenecked on most games, so I doubt they figured many people would want to put a discrete card in there.
                      I'm not sure about that as the PCIe slots usually found on them is a 16x form factor (but only 4x electrical) and the only real thing that people use in those are video cards.

Comment

Working...
                      X