• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you use desktop effects?

Comment

No. I am not using desktop effects.

Comment

Ok unfortunately I can't think of a definite answer

The only time I've seen a messed up cursor was when I connected an external display to my HP2133 with openchrome while having hardware accelerated pointer, so I needed
        Code:
        Option "SWCursor"
        in the device section.

Should you try it, remember to issue
        Code:
        aticonfig --input=/etc/X11/xorg.conf
        as root and restart X

Comment

Hai

Atlast I found the reason for "rotation not working with ati driver on CentOS". In reply to my mail "Ati support" said that " Ati drivers does not support rotation on RHEL5 and its derived OS since ati drivers work only with RandR1.2 and RHEL5 only supports RandR1.1".

How to get RandR1.2 support on RHEL5. Is it possible? Please give your suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by praveen View Post
            Hai

Atlast I found the reason for "rotation not working with ati driver on CentOS". In reply to my mail "Ati support" said that " Ati drivers does not support rotation on RHEL5 and its derived OS since ati drivers work only with RandR1.2 and RHEL5 only supports RandR1.1".

How to get RandR1.2 support on RHEL5. Is it possible? Please give your suggestion.
            So there will never be any support for rotation on CentOS/RHEL 5 ? I have the same problem on this OS with a HD5770. Will post here if I find a way of enabling rotation. As it is now running xrandr -o left freezes or reboots the pc.

Comment

My recollectdion is that rotation requires acceleration, and acceleration with 6xx or higher requires the kernel driver, and that the kernel driver has not been backported to RHEL5-era kernels. Something like that anyways.
              Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                My recollectdion is that rotation requires acceleration, and acceleration with 6xx or higher requires the kernel driver, and that the kernel driver has not been backported to RHEL5-era kernels. Something like that anyways.
                Bridgman can you please confirm if fglrx requires randr 1.2 to support rotation and if so RHEL / CentOS will never support this as they only ship randr 1.1. I looked at Xorg.0.log and it says something along the lines "found randr 1.1 using bultin randr 1.2" or something similar. This makes me confused.

Comment

probably. You might get around that by configuring the rotation using amdcccle instead of xrandr.

Comment

Originally posted by rohcQaH View Post
                    probably. You might get around that by configuring the rotation using amdcccle instead of xrandr.
                    I have never seen any settings for rotation in amdcccle. Maybe because CentOS does not support it.. Can you tell me where I should see that setting ?

Comment

when I run amdcccle, I click "Display Manager" and select the tab "Display Properties" at the lower right. There's settings for Resolution, Refresh Rate, Rotation and Desktop Area.

Of course that's 10.6. I can't vouch for ancient driver versions.

Comment

Working...
                      X