Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cracy idea whit OSS driver and networked multi display.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yotambien View Post
    apparently due to lack of pbuffers support in the OSS ones
    I was under the impression open drivers for ATi cards would support pbuffers with KMS.

Comment

That would be cool. For sure, when I tried it with a low-end intel card that advertised itself to have the required pbuffer extensions, VirtualGL didn't work. I was told that probably mesa was reporting the GLX_SGIX_pbuffer extensions, although these weren't implemented in the 3D driver. When I have time I'll try with radeon...

Comment

IIRC, pbuffers we only recently enabled in the glx code. Once enabled, they should work with any dri2 capable driver.

Comment

Excellent. I will definitely try this. The people from VirtualGL will be interested to know that it works with different driver configurations, so far they (rightfully) stated in their documentation that you need the proprietary Nvidia or AMD drivers.

Comment

I shortly tested out Xdmx to see how it worked on my two desktop computers.

Both had Ubuntu 10.4 64bit, My main used a HD3200 while the other had a HD5450. Had the drivers that came whit the install, and updated the machines.

Well I got it to work and had 2 screen xinerama over the computers and my main computer as the server but I have to say it's really useless how far I could tell.
            Applications etc things refused to start, besides my keyboard SHIFT key no longer worked until a logout.
            And the other desktop is in another room wasn't really seamless usage.
            I'll soon install Ubuntu on my laptop, should be easier whit that one next to the main computer.

But as far as Xdmx concerns as initial feel... It sucks I have to say! So much would need some fixing in that thing. It's really broken as it stands right now.
            I used the ubuntu programcentral to install Xdmx

Comment

Working...
            X