Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [RadeonHD] [drm-radeon-module-git-r6xx-r7xx-3d] Compilation issue

Hello all,

I'm running under an archlinux 2.6.32 and I try to make my radeon HD 3650 run properly.

The compilation of the drm-radeon-module-git-r6xx-r7xx-3d driver experimental return this:

/var/abs/local/yaourtbuild/drm-radeon-module-git-r6xx-r7xx-3d/src/drm-build/linux-core/drm_agpsupport.c: In function ?drm_agp_bind_pages?:
    /var/abs/local/yaourtbuild/drm-radeon-module-git-r6xx-r7xx-3d/src/drm-build/linux-core/drm_agpsupport.c:520: erreur: implicit declaration of function ?phys_to_gart?
    /var/abs/local/yaourtbuild/drm-radeon-module-git-r6xx-r7xx-3d/src/drm-build/linux-core/drm_agpsupport.c:520: attention : assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
    /var/abs/local/yaourtbuild/drm-radeon-module-git-r6xx-r7xx-3d/src/drm-build/linux-core/drm_agpsupport.c: In function ?drm_agp_populate?:
    /var/abs/local/yaourtbuild/drm-radeon-module-git-r6xx-r7xx-3d/src/drm-build/linux-core/drm_agpsupport.c:589: attention : assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
    make[3]: *** [/var/abs/local/yaourtbuild/drm-radeon-module-git-r6xx-r7xx-3d/src/drm-build/linux-core/drm_agpsupport.o] Erreur 1
    make[2]: *** [_module_/var/abs/local/yaourtbuild/drm-radeon-module-git-r6xx-r7xx-3d/src/drm-build/linux-core] Erreur 2
    make[2]: quittant le r?pertoire ? /usr/src/linux-2.6.32-ARCH ?
    make[1]: *** [modules] Erreur 2
    make[1]: quittant le r?pertoire ? /var/abs/local/yaourtbuild/drm-radeon-module-git-r6xx-r7xx-3d/src/drm-build/linux-core ?
    make: *** [radeon.o] Erreur 2

I search all around the web for some information but... i just know i'm not alone.

thx for any help.

PS: sorry for my english

r6xx/r7xx 3D drm support has been available in the kernel since 2.6.32. My old r6xx-r7xx-3d drm branch should be considered long dead at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
      r6xx/r7xx 3D drm support has been available in the kernel since 2.6.32. My old r6xx-r7xx-3d drm branch should be considered long dead at this point.
      Ups, that's my package. It should be deleted.

Your card should work out of the box with arch (read the wiki).
      If you want some bleeding edge drivers, read this thread: http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=79509&p=1

Comment

Why not delete the outdated git branches? Less confusion that way.

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
          You mean, its not necessary to install the package ?

Cause, when i do:

glxinfo | grep render

So what ? i have to use radeonhd or radeon ?

Thx 4 hlp.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
            Why not delete the outdated git branches? Less confusion that way.
            General consensus is that the history is sometimes useful. The best idea I heard in earlier discussions was putting a "final commit" into each dead branch with an appropriately worded commit message.
            Test signature

Comment

Working...
            X