Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RV770 drm failed to work

Hi everybody

I ve read so many posts about similar problem but i failed to solve my problem so i post my question. this is the post of the last hope!!!

I try to use DRi on an ati radeonHD 4850 1GB but it fail to work. If someone has got some clue to solve my problem you're welcome!

I use the last DRM from GIT
    My kernel is a linux kernell 2.6.28.4
    My processor is an AMD athlon X2
    I use xorg-server 1.5.3 with the very last radeonHD driver ( not the official ATI driver from AMD)
    I ve built the kernel with the DRI support builtin ( not as module )

here is some information

dmesg | grep drm
    [ 0.377042] [drm] Initialized drm 1.1.0 20060810
    [ 31.619284] drm: module is already loaded

locate libGL.so
    /usr/lib/libGL.so
    /usr/lib/libGL.so.1
    /usr/lib/libGL.so.1.2

I ve got an error in Xorg.0.log
    (WW) RADEONHD(0): Direct rendering for R600 an up forced on - This is NOT officially supported at the hardware level and may cause instability or lockups
    (EE) RADEONHD(0): RHDDRIVersionCheck: drmOpen("radeon", pci:0000:02:00.0") failed.
    (WW) RADEONHD(0): RHDDRIPreInit: Version check failed. Disabling DRI.
    (WW) RADEONHD(0): RHDCSInit: No CS for R600 and up yet.
    (EE) AIGLX error: dlopen of /usr/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
    (EE) GLX: could not load software renderer

glxinfo
    name of display: :0.0
    Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
    Segmentation fault

here it is the pastebin of my dmesg
    http://pastebin.com/f4c7cf34c

here it is the paste bin of he Xorg.0.log
    http://pastebin.com/ff6f95e4

Did you build and install the latest drm from the 6xx-7xx support branch of mesa/drm ?

It looks like you are running an old drm driver without 6xx-7xx support.
    Last edited by bridgman; 17 February 2009, 06:08 PM.
    Test signature

Comment

I use the last DRM from GIT
      And I use mesalib 7.2 maybe i have to use mesalib from GIT.
      After each attempt to solve this problem i recompile my linux kernell + drm + mesalib + libdrm.
      I will ttry to use mesalib 7.3.
      thanks for the clue

Comment

Originally posted by zveanturz View Post
        And I use mesalib 7.2 maybe i have to use mesalib from GIT.
        Yes, and you specifically need the r6xx-r7xx-support branches of mesa/drm and video-drv-ati. The master branches (e.g., "latest git") DO NOT include any of the new r7xx work. It's currently only in those branches.

Comment

Hi,

I have exactly the same error in Xorg.log, so i prefer not to open a new post.
          The only difference is that i have a radeon 4670 and use Opensuse 11.1, with kernel 2.6.30. Driver is radeonhd 1.2.5.

Do you have any idea ?

Bibi

Comment

I just noticed that the original poster mentioned they compiled drm into the kernel rather than as a separate module. Not sure if that is the problem, but I know all recommendations are to keep drm as a separate module *not* in the kernel, and I have seen a few people's problems go away when they rebuilt the kernel with modular drm.

bibi, can you please pastebin your xorg log and dmesg output as well ?
            Test signature

Comment

your best bet is to use 2.6.30 as that has support for r6xx/r7xx chips included. If you built the drm into the kernel, you won't be able to load externally built drm modules.

Comment

I use a pre-compiled kernel, found in opensuse repositories, cause i have an issue with my mouse in my own .config, so i dont know if the drm is build as a modul or in the kernel.

Here is my dsmeg :

Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

Here my xorg.log :

Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

Bibi

Comment

There are no drm messages at all in your dmesg output, so the kernel graphics module is either not there or not starting. You need a 2.6.30 or higher kernel built with modular drm support enabled.
                  Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                    There are no drm messages at all in your dmesg output, so the kernel graphics module is either not there or not starting. You need a 2.6.30 or higher kernel built with modular drm support enabled.
                    I use a 2.6.30 kernel. Is this tutorial (http://wiki.x.org/wiki/radeonhd%3Ar6xx_r7xx_branch) always working ?

Thanks for the answer.

Bibi

Comment

Working...
                    X