Signs Of Other High Profile Games Coming To Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DMJC View Post
    Grab OpenMW (http://www.openmw.org) and start hacking. The engine already supports most of the stuff you'll need for Skyrim/Oblivion, just needs to have the object and texture definitions updated. Most of the data formats between Elder Scrolls games remain very similar. It's all been reverse engineered and documented by modders putting assets from Morrowind and Oblivion into Skyrim.
    Yeah MW is very fascinating!

Comment

Originally posted by madjr View Post
      by this article, some of those games are being ported.
      never buy a game, which is 'being ported', because your money will go not to porter, but to windows developer
      buy already ported preferably from linux steam client and play on linux only for first week

Comment

Why preferably from Steam?

Comment

Originally posted by Apopas View Post
          Why preferably from Steam?
          That?s not what he meant. *If* you?re buying from Steam, then buy from the Linux Steam client and play on Linux if you want the purchase to count as a Linux purchase and the Linux porter to get your money.

Comment

Fantastic news, considering Bioshock Infinite and COH2 have been at the top of my Linux port wish list. A Starcraft II port would make my gaming life complete. I also hope they will port the original Bioshock as well.

Comment

Working...
            X