FEX 2305 Emulator On ARM Adds More AVX Instructions, Optimizations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FEX 2305 Emulator On ARM Adds More AVX Instructions, Optimizations

Phoronix: FEX 2305 Emulator On ARM Adds More AVX Instructions, Optimizations

FEX-Emu 2305 has been released, the open-source project continuing to work on x86_64 atop 64-bit ARM (AArch64) emulation support for being able to enjoy more games on ARM Linux and other software not otherwise natively available...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

How does FEX fare against box32 / box64 nowadays?

Comment

Michael, how about some benchmarks of X86 emulators?

Comment

Originally posted by NomadDemon View Post
        Michael, how about some benchmarks of X86 emulators?
        Yes i want benchmarks on rockchip rk3388s and apple M1/m2
        Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Originally posted by qarium View Post

Yes i want benchmarks on rockchip rk3388s and apple M1/m2
          I know who will win. I'm more curious in which programs in Linux the native emulators will give better performance than the Linux version of Rosetta 2, which compiles Ahead-of-Time (but relies on the strong memory model support in Apple Silicon - apps could be pinned to one CPU core to avoid the missing feature on Cortex SoCs, thus the benefit of non-Apple emulators would be only in heavily multithread apps).

Comment

Originally posted by Ladis View Post

I know who will win. I'm more curious in which programs in Linux the native emulators will give better performance than the Linux version of Rosetta 2, which compiles Ahead-of-Time (but relies on the strong memory model support in Apple Silicon - apps could be pinned to one CPU core to avoid the missing feature on Cortex SoCs, thus the benefit of non-Apple emulators would be only in heavily multithread apps).
            its more about "how well it works", "is it usable to run some simple stuff on e.g. raspberry" "what are the numbers Mason" [call of duty quote]

Comment

Originally posted by NomadDemon View Post

its more about "how well it works", "is it usable to run some simple stuff on e.g. raspberry" "what are the numbers Mason" [call of duty quote]
              Yes, half the apps is about runs/doesn't run. But I would not care about the performance on RPi - it's very old and thus very slow CPU compared to the modern Cortex SoCs.

Comment

Originally posted by Ladis View Post
                is it about who wins ? i don't think so... the apple hardware is of course faster but you do not get it for 200€

the last rockchip 3388s benchmark was CPU only would be interesting to have some GPU benchmarks to.

Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Working...
                X