Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bridgman View Post

Oh no, please don't do that
    I am joking there, because it is his own site i guess he can do whatever he wants or his users wants there

Maybe he can better also add kernel driver naming up there or some notice or tooltip, etc... so that user know that those differ.
    Last edited by dungeon; 29 July 2015, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by imirkin View Post

Sure. For example, let's take a look at ARB_shader_texture_image_samples:

The spec says it depends on GL 4.3. This is another way of saying "I'm lazy and don't want to think about interactions". In reality, it just depends on ARB_shader_image_size (part of GL 4.3), which in turn depends on ARB_shader_image_load_store (part of GL 4.2).

And it *easily* could have been spec'd to require neither if they had made the imageSize() stuff dependent on the availability of ARB_shader_image_size, in which case it would have just required ARB_texture_multisample (which is where sampler2DMS came in), which became part of GL 3.2.
      Thank you again for the detailed answer!

Originally posted by przemoli View Post

They do depend on something. Usually its some version of OpenGL. You can read for Yourself here:

ARB_buffer_storage:
      Code:
      Dependencies
      This extension is written against version 4.3 of the Core Profile OpenGL
      Specification, dated August 6, 2012.
      The definition of this extension is affected by the presence of
      GL_EXT_direct_state_access.
      Thank you as well!

Comment

This should make things clearer:

Comment

Originally posted by przemoli View Post

They do depend on something. Usually its some version of OpenGL. You can read for Yourself here:

ARB_buffer_storage:
          Code:
          Dependencies
          This extension is written against version 4.3 of the Core Profile OpenGL
          Specification, dated August 6, 2012.
          The definition of this extension is affected by the presence of
          GL_EXT_direct_state_access.
          The part you quoted is wrong, "written against" just defines which specification this extension is a diff of. It doesn't imply any dependency.

Comment

And it's in:
            glxinfo | grep -i opengl
            OpenGL vendor string: X.Org
            OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD TAHITI
            OpenGL core profile version string: 4.1 (Core Profile) Mesa 10.7.0-devel (git-1b2b0e4)

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

EG/NI might catch up as only those support 4.x features in hardware, but also not all of them only high end ones support fp64.

I dunno really, who dare to include doubles in 4.0 core specs
              Bobcat "Evergreen" and Piledriver (Trinity/Richland) "Northern Islands" APU are pretty common.
              I don't know if the APU support fp64 but at least my laptop with Richland (A10-5750M 8650G) supports 4.2 in catalyst IIRC.
              I hope EG/NI will catch up pretty soon.
              I thought that maybe there are some softpipe/LLVMpipe or something that was needed for some R600 that is holding back the completion for R600, since this is not my area of expertise.

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post

Oh no, please don't do that
                Then maybe AMD developers should acknowledge amdgpu existence writing proper informations into GL3.txt
                ## VGA ##
                AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
                Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

It's using the radeonsi gallium driver. there's no seperate driver for 3D used by chips supported by the amdgpu kernel driver. So nothing to acknowledge in the 3D world.

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post

Then maybe AMD developers should acknowledge amdgpu existence writing proper informations into GL3.txt
                    GL3.txt is part of mesa, and listing mesa drivers. amdgpu doesn't exist in mesa, and doesn't affect which GL extensions are present.

Please educate yourself before making stupid nonsensical claims.

Comment

Working...
                    X