Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running Enemy Territory With OpenGL 3 In 2016

Phoronix: Running Enemy Territory With OpenGL 3 In 2016

When finding out a few days back about the ETLegacy 2.75 open-source update with the improvements made around its OpenGL 3.2 renderer, I couldn't help but try it out to relive the original Enemy Territory on Linux with this modernized engine work...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I like Vulkan, too, but when you are already getting 227 FPS on the original renderer and 125 fps on the OpenGl 3 renderer up to 4k, really what would be the point of it?

Comment

So in game menu has Vanilla and ETLegacy engine options, but this OpenGL3 is something else?

Comment

I just wish someone would go through all these old shooters and update the art assets. Higher poly counts and larger textures would make a huge difference to many of these old games.

Comment

Originally posted by DMJC View Post
          I just wish someone would go through all these old shooters and update the art assets. Higher poly counts and larger textures would make a huge difference to many of these old games.
          Really? Given the speed and the way you'll navigate (by reflex/feeling) there's a lot less to be seen, yeah it would be nice, on a first look, but when you play you won't see them anymore. Feels like a waste of resources.

Comment

Originally posted by Licaon View Post
            Really? Given the speed and the way you'll navigate (by reflex/feeling) there's a lot less to be seen, yeah it would be nice, on a first look, but when you play you won't see them anymore. Feels like a waste of resources.
            You need your prescriptions checked because you clearly aren't seeing what the rest of us are. The graphics on these games are new enough that they don't look horrible, but to say you can't tell the graphical difference between these and newer games due to the speed of the gameplay is a bad joke.

Comment

Working...
            X