Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Am Super Excited About Fedora 24

Phoronix: I Am Super Excited About Fedora 24

Fedora 24 is due to be released in a few minutes and I am super excited to see this (belated) release happen! This is yet another exciting release since the changes introduced a few releases ago with Fedora.Next. I do intend to certainly upgrade to this latest release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The only thing disappointing is that Fedora 24 is yet another multi-week-delayed release and they still haven't restored their practice of (fun / unique) codenames for each release
    good riddance they delay it if they see the need. it is much easier to wait 2-3 more weeks with working system than waiting 2-3 weeks for patch to arrive if you were unlucky and hit the bug. pure timed releases which put date over quality are never good decision when you talk about composite product like distro. you say disappointing... i say awesome

and who even used codenames? i'm using it from 1 and I never even bothered to look up the name

Comment

Originally posted by justmy2cents View Post
      and who even used codenames? i'm using it from 1 and I never even bothered to look up the name
      The codenames are basically a joke and just for fun seeing what Beefy Miracle or other names they come up with as a result of community naming...
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I have a Maxwell, so I'm not happy about the decision to not include Linux 4.6 and tested out of the box support for these cards.

Comment

To try Wayland one have to wait till 364 makes it to RPM Fusion or install manually right?
          Last edited by kepilifb; 21 June 2016, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by remm View Post
            I have a Maxwell, so I'm not happy about the decision to not include Linux 4.6 and tested out of the box support for these cards.
            I know the payne. It's such a mess with Maxwell. I'm new to this Linux world and never would have thought it could be this annoying. Afterall i sold the 980 Ti.

Also i'm very excited about Fedora 24. Used Korora 23 (based on Fedora 23) some time. Can't wait for Korora 24.

Comment

Originally posted by remm View Post
              i have gcn1.0, so i'm using 4.7 prerelease from rawhide. no issues

Comment

I'm excited to try Fedora 24, but I can't make it my full-time distro until Nvidia has proper support for Wayland/Weston. Hopefully soon.

Comment

Originally posted by kepilifb View Post
                  To try Wayland one have to wait till 364 makes it to RPM Fusion or install manually right?
                  I may be mistaken, but I don't think the stock un-patched version of Wayland currently works with any version of the nvidia driver.

Comment

Originally posted by ImNtReal View Post

I may be mistaken, but I don't think the stock un-patched version of Wayland currently works with any version of the nvidia driver.
                    Yes, my understanding is that Nvidia released some Weston patches that the Wayland/Weston developers will not accept. There's disagreement between Nvidia and Wayland developers (including some Intel people) about how to expose certain hardware features without requiring a bunch of vendor-specific extensions.

Comment

Working...
                    X