Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feral Releases GRID Autosport For Linux

Phoronix: Feral Releases GRID Autosport For Linux

Feral Interactive today announced the release of GRID Autosport for OS X and Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Picked this up during the Codemasters HumbleBundle last week. I'm not a huge race fan and I've only done a few races on Autosport, but in my opinion the game isn't all that great. The menu interfaces are pretty and the graphics are alright, but the actual gameplay is pretty bad. Also, the cockpit camera is hilariously bad. I'm sure you can find reviews on review sites detailing the (frustrating) flaws of the gameplay if your're curious.

Comment

gallivm/lp_bld_tgsi.c:354:lp_build_emit_fetch: Assertion `0 && "invalid src register in emit_fetch()"' failed.
      on radeonsi, works fine with intel hd2500

Comment

Ugh seriously can companies stop hiring Feral to do their porting?

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
          Ugh seriously can companies stop hiring Feral to do their porting?
          Yeah, because what we really want is more games with an Eon wrapper.

Are you serious? If Ferel didn't exist, the games they ported wouldn't be on Linux at all. Beggers can't be choosers man.

Comment

Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post

Are you serious? If Ferel didn't exist, the games they ported wouldn't be on Linux at all. Beggers can't be choosers man.
            and yet, your comment speaks otherwise you actually managed to completely contradict your self in 2 sentences

Comment

Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post

Don't be racist. EON ports outperform Feral's stuff, in regard to both stability and performance. What does it matter how it works if it works? Even Valve uses a wrapper.

Comment

Originally posted by Pontostroy View Post
                gallivm/lp_bld_tgsi.c:354:lp_build_emit_fetch: Assertion `0 && "invalid src register in emit_fetch()"' failed.
                on radeonsi, works fine with intel hd2500
                Are you using the very latest RadeonSI driver and Mesa built against LLVM 3.7?

http://steamcommunity.com/app/255220...1967653421296/

Gamingonlinux did a benchmark and this game runs FASTER on RadeonSI than on proprietary Crimson.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
                  Don't be racist.
                  You mean prejudice, not racist. Also, I don't beleive Valve uses a wrapper, unless you can source otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by justmy2cents View Post

and yet, your comment speaks otherwise you actually managed to completely contradict your self in 2 sentences
                    I don't agree. What you're implying is that if Feral hadn't have ported Alien Isolation, or Grid, or Shadow of Mordor etc., then the publishers of those games would have gotten some other company to have ported them to Linux instead (whether that be using an Eon wrapper or doing a native port like Ferel did). I don't believe that's the case. I firmly believe that if Ferel didn't exist then those games simply wouldn't be on Linux right now.

The games that have been ported using an Eon wrapper are a different beast entirely IMO. They can't be compared to the native ports that Ferel have done, they're just those companies dipping their toes in the water of Linux ports using the least cost solution they could to see how it pans out. It's an entirely different approach to Ferel and they're not comparable.

You can criticise Ferel all you want for not supporting AMD/Intel or anything like that, I'd agree with you to a certain extent. But you can't say they aren't committed to getting as many games on Linux as possible, despite the fact that there's probably not a lot of money in it. Linux gaming has to start somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                    X