Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qt 5.6 Alpha Released

Phoronix: Qt 5.6 Alpha Released

The first alpha release of the upcoming Qt 5.6 tool-kit release is now available...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Do they support screen configuration change without every app crashing like crazy in 5.6?

Comment

Originally posted by magika View Post
      Do they support screen configuration change without every app crashing like crazy in 5.6?
      Some link to the problem please.

Comment

There was a large problem with that in 5.3, but most of them were fixed in 5.4 with some cases fixed in 5.5. Should be solved already.

Comment

Originally posted by carewolf View Post
          There was a large problem with that in 5.3, but most of them were fixed in 5.4 with some cases fixed in 5.5. Should be solved already.
          Since KDE devs neither have more than one display, I have to change screen configuration every login https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=347469

When 5.4.1 (built against Qt 5.5) hit repositroies I decided to try it again: first try plasma crashed with QtQuick and self restored, second time both plasma and kwin crashed and, faced with a black screen and mouse cursor, I restarted X and started GNOME session

Comment

Since KDE devs neither have more than one display, I have to change screen configuration every login https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=347469

When 5.4.1 (built against Qt 5.5) hit repositroies I decided to try it again: first try plasma crashed with QtQuick and self restored, second time both plasma and kwin crashed and, faced with a black screen and mouse cursor, I restarted X and started GNOME session
            I run KDE 5, have multiple monitors and have it reconfigures on every login and has never crashed. Not even with Qt 5.3. The issue was mainly if you disconnected a screen then the Qt applications on that screen would get confused.

Comment

I run KDE 5, have multiple monitors and have it reconfigures on every login and has never crashed. Not even with Qt 5.3. The issue was mainly if you disconnected a screen then the Qt applications on that screen would get confused.
              ^ this is my experience too...

So far KDE 5 feels very fluid, even on a 6 year old laptop...

Comment

Screen configuration change via xrandr or kscreen counts as 'disconnect' you know... and since kscreen cannot restore my configuration automatically I have to to it myself, thus viscious cycle.

And of 5.4 plasma does not move default panel to 'new' primary monitor, I have to delete old panel and add a new default one.

What the hell, 5.4.1, 5.5. This feels more like alpha 0.5.4 and 0.5.5.

Maybe the issue is coupled with nvidia binary (nouveau doesn't do 3D for maxwell), maybe not. I reported bugs, replied in other bugs, but this hell is too much for me to fix or even endure. Year ago I couldn't fathom I'd use much hated GNOME.

Comment

Screen configuration change via xrandr or kscreen counts as 'disconnect' you know... and since kscreen cannot restore my configuration automatically I have to to it myself, thus viscious cycle.
                  Only with some drivers I believe. The problem child is probably NVidia. I have trouble with SDDM crashing too on my NVidia powered laptop, but that is on X11 startup, and other applications work (and SDDM with other drivers).

Comment

they promised in Qt5.6 C++11/14 features!

Comment

Working...
                    X