Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reiser4 Updated For Linux 3.16 With SSD Discard Support

Phoronix: Reiser4 Updated For Linux 3.16 With SSD Discard Support

While Reiser4 doesn't still have any mainline Linux kernel ambitions until receiving any corporate backing, the notoriously known Linux file-system has been updated for Linux 3.16 compatibility and SSD discard support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I think that they should go for mainline without any commercial backing., as they're unlikely to find any corporate supporter, especially under that name.

Either;
    A) Go for mainline support without commercial backing.
    B) Change the name and seek commercial backing.

How does Reiser4 compare these days against Btrfs and ZFS and other modern file systems?

Comment

BTW, when is Hans about to be released ?

It has been quite some time now...

Comment

Originally posted by Brane215 View Post
        BTW, when is Hans about to be released? It has been quite some time now...
        He was sentenced to 15 years to life and began serving in 2008. I hope you were joking...

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
          He was sentenced to 15 years to life and began serving in 2008. I hope you were joking...
          2023 then.

I hope he can get a parole for good behavior and conduct, or maybe a laptop with access to a Git server.

He shouldn't be left to rot in a prison.
          He should be punished for the crime that he have committed, but the guy can be a resource for the society and he should
          be able to contribute to the society.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
            2023 then.
            I wouldn't bank on that.

He shouldn't be left to rot in a prison. He should be punished for the crime that he have committed, but the guy can be a resource for the society and he should
            be able to contribute to the society.
            It's the USA. We're all about throwing people in prison and letting them rot there.

Comment

Working...
            X