Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory Sealing "mseal" System Call Merged For Linux 6.10

Phoronix: Memory Sealing "mseal" System Call Merged For Linux 6.10

Merged this Friday evening into the Linux 6.10 kernel is the new mseal() system call for memory sealing...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

nice sealing u have there

Comment

What's the XNU kernel? Never heard of it.

Comment

Originally posted by jacob View Post
        What's the XNU kernel? Never heard of it.
        Some alternative to Linux or BSD. Some users prefer it despite it works on less hw than Linux - so if users want to use it, they must search only for specific HW

Comment

Originally posted by Leinad View Post

Some alternative to Linux or BSD. Some users prefer it despite it works on less hw than Linux - so if users want to use it, they must search only for specific HW
          I looked it up in the meantime, it's actually MacOS. I didn't know that, I thought the OSX kernel was called Darwin.

Comment

I looked it up in the meantime, it's actually MacOS. I didn't know that, I thought the OSX kernel was called Darwin.
            I think he did a twisted joke. Of course XNU is the basis of macOS (Mac OS X) and Darwin.

Comment

And it's probably one of the slowest kernels ever. Even on hardware it was designed for.

Comment

Now chromium can conceal my private browsing tab even better...

Comment

XNU is the kernel (i.e. it's the Linux), Darwin is a distro of the open-source portions of the OS, which doesn't include the Apple UI stack (i.e. it's the GNU/Linux), and macOS and iOS add UIs and the rest of the platform libraries (i.e. they're the *buntu or Android).

Comment

Expensive hardware at that,
                    I tip my hat to you sir. Brilliant twisty explanation.

Now on topic:
                    Look at all we need to do to approach the Harvard architecture features on a Von Neumann machine. The opposite isn't possible though, so yay!

Comment

Working...
                    X