Flatpak 1.15.7 Will Now Automatically Remove Obsolete Driver Versions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flatpak 1.15.7 Will Now Automatically Remove Obsolete Driver Versions

Phoronix: Flatpak 1.15.7 Will Now Automatically Remove Obsolete Driver Versions

Simon McVittie issued the Flatpak 1.15.7 pre-release on Wednesday with a few notable changes for this widely-used open-source app sandboxing and distribution framework...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Nice, will this mean that I don't have to remove unused Nvidia flatpak drivers when a new version is installed?

Comment

Flatpak has been contrary to popular belief, absolutely horrible for wasted space for me. I like the idea of it, but it's been very lacking, I really hope that this helps a bit, though I don't really know how bad this specifically was for me

Comment

So does that mean I can remove `/usr/bin/flatpak uninstall --user --unused --noninteractive` from the KDE Autostart?

Comment

About damn time

Comment

This is a good feature! Now if only they could fix all the bugs with the sandbox/runtime.

Comment

Just let me use system Mesa already.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post
                Flatpak has been contrary to popular belief, absolutely horrible for wasted space for me. I like the idea of it, but it's been very lacking, I really hope that this helps a bit, though I don't really know how bad this specifically was for me
                do you really care about a few gigs on your root fs?
                the last time i had space problem on my root fs was about 15yrs ago

Comment

Originally posted by flower View Post
                  do you really care about a few gigs on your root fs?
                  I have a 64gb laptop and a 128gb tablet, both ran into out of storage issues because of flatpak when I tested it. I was really excited for flatpak, and still go back and occasionally test it.

Comment

Originally posted by ihatemichael View Post
                    Just let me use system Mesa already.
                    As an option that would be interesting, but has implications for sandboxing obviously. But it should definitely not be the only behavior. The Mesa runtimes from Flathub don't have the hardware decoding crippled like the official Mesa packages from distros like OpenSUSE and Fedora. The fact that you can install your browser and media player via flatpak on these distros and get a fully enabled Mesa and ffmpeg is a huge plus.

Comment

Working...
                    X