Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 23.1.8 Released While Waiting On Mesa 23.2

Phoronix: Mesa 23.1.8 Released While Waiting On Mesa 23.2

Mesa 23.1.8 was released on Wednesday as yet another bi-weekly stable release for the Mesa 23.1 release as that series drags on while waiting for Mesa 23.2 to materialize...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Oh, come on, just release Mesa 23.2 already!

Comment

Are we even going to have Mesa 23.3 at this rate? lol

Seriously though, I wonder what's been going on behind the scenes exactly, like are there still critical bugs in the current 23.2 codebase, or personal matters for the release manager, or what?

Comment

Lol, what's with all of this impatience? If they still don't release it, that means there are still serious bugs. What other reason do you think their could be?

Comment

Originally posted by user1 View Post
          Lol, what's with all of this impatience? If they still don't release it, that means there are still serious bugs. What other reason do you think their could be?
          the developer said thats some of the reasons its personal issues.
          but thats not the problem, the problem he doesn't said anything about it ,soo if he delays it at least say something

Comment

Whenever Dylan is in charge of a release it's a complete shitshow. Eric will probably have 23.3 released before he gets 23.2 over the line!

Comment

According to this page there isn't any real known bugs left.

Only 2 things remaining: CSGO crashes on old intel integrated graphics when shader cache enabled (but not new intel gpus), and a merge request to enable the new single file cache by default.

I'm going to pretend it's released and go install builds on my AMD machines this weekend. This will bring performance improvements to Starfield FYI.

Comment

Originally posted by csutcliff View Post
                Whenever Dylan is in charge of a release it's a complete shitshow. Eric will probably have 23.3 released before he gets 23.2 over the line!
                Then what's the reason he delays new Mesa releases so often?

Comment

Originally posted by csutcliff View Post
                  what do you mean? its not the first time its happening?

Comment

Originally posted by BillFleming View Post
                    I'm going to pretend it's released and go install builds on my AMD machines this weekend. This will bring performance improvements to Starfield FYI.
                    Been running 23.2 RCs without any problems. And Starfield runs as badly as on Windows for me

Comment

Working...
                    X